ERC is a servant-leader oriented company with approximately 2,000 employees and multiple contracts across the US. We believe that our culture has a direct influence on the job satisfaction of our employees and is reflected in the outstanding quality of service received by our customers. Your role:
What you'll do all day:
- Support the Air Force Research Laboratory as an Analytical Chemist, utilizing a broad range of techniques, wet bench-top chemistry methods, and instrumentation in the scientific fields of spectroscopy, chromatography, and electrochemistry.
- Support compliance-driven programs such as calibration, preventative maintenance, property/equipment management, etc. as directed by the Air Force, OSHA, etc.
- Conduct occasional/periodic evening or weekend work, depending on high-priority mission need.
You will love this job if you:
- Interface with customers across diverse fields of disciplines in the aerospace community, to determine desired/needed analyses and communicate results, with iteration as needed.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis of solids, liquids, and gases such as fuels, aviator breathing oxygen, lubricants, hydraulic fluids, raw materials, propellant ingredients, starting compounds and their intermediate compounds, etc.
- Measure physical properties
- Determine bulk and trace concentrations in a variety of materials
- Handle hazardous substances (after appropriate training) such as hydrazine, dinotrogen tetroxide, and energetic materials (H.D. 1.1).
Minimum requirements for this position:
- Are a self-starter that is eager to learn, and requires and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Have strong reasoning skills for developing methods, evaluating data, and troubleshooting
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or related discipline
- Basic chemistry laboratory skills
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be able to pass a background check/security clearance
- Must be able to pass drug screen
What we offer:
- Familiarity with multiple analytical chemistry instruments, tools, and methods
- Customer-centric outlook with good communication skills
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule