Department: School of Public Health Location: Austin, TX Position Type: Full Time Position Summary:
Conducts and executes complex scientific experiments and research endeavors and interprets the results for NIH-funded e-cigarette prevention program for youth.Position Key Accountabilities:
- Plans and implements research experiments according to research protocol. Research activities may include some or all of the following: patient recruiting and screening, traditional laboratory experiments and activities, informatics, field interviewer recruiting, screening, and training and/or animal laboratories.
- Makes independent decisions as required, which may impact research team or assigned project.
- Maintains accurate and timely records which may include notebooks, records, databases, etc. as needed by the research project.
- Assists with identifying type and quality of supplies needed for research project to ensure cost effectiveness and ensure smooth operations.
- May monitor laboratory and/or other supplies to ensure sufficient inventory to support research projects.
- May maintain clean laboratory equipment and/or work area to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
- Stays abreast of new and updated protocols for research department. Participates in continuing education programs, seminars, and workshops.
- May provide guidance and training of laboratory technicians, field interviewers, research subjects, support staff and/or other assistants to ensure efficient, timely and high quality results.
- May provide updates to P.l. regarding research progress.
- Complies with all governmental and University policies, rules, regulation and codes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of concepts of research field assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate field of science or relevant experience in lieu of education.
- Two (2) years of related experience in a research or clinical lab environment.
- May substitute required experience with equivalent years of education beyond the minimum education requirement.
- Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects. This position may include work involving potentially hazardous chemical, biological or radioactive agents.
- This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215