The Research Assistant will perform a variety of tasks to ensure that project goals are being met for a faculty member's research program. Tasks and responsibilities are varied and dependent upon project aims, scope and duration.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Research Assistant will be responsible for coordinating meetings, managing regulatory documents, IRB submissions, management of a research network including investigators database management, keep up to date list of publications from the network and Dr. Duma's research portfolio. Additionally grant editing and submission.
Additional duties include:
- Maintain database of research investigators and active projects
- Submission to scientific committees prior to IRB approval
- Assist with project development and implementation
- Conduct scientific literature searches, including abstracting data from published sources, summarizing articles, and maintaining a bibliographic database.
- Coordinate communications with other research team members as well as with key stakeholders.
- Prepare materials for research team meetings and summarize meeting notes
- Management of research team social media accounts
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1 year of prior research experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
- Experience with calendar management and running team meetings
- Understanding of research confidentiality/privacy issues preferred
- Ability to read, understand and follow a research protocol preferred
- Prior experience in healthcare or public health fields preferred
- Prior experience with the conduct of clinical research preferred
- Prior experience with team management preferred
- Prior experience with IRB protocol development oreferred
- Prior experience preparing project reports, scientific manuscripts, and/or grant proposals preferred
- Spreadsheet construction and analyses preferred
- Database management experience preferred
- Social media management preferred.
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.