- CURRENT PENN STATE EMPLOYEE (faculty, staff, technical service, or student), please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- CURRENT PENN STATE STUDENT (not employed previously at the university) and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- If you are NOT a current employee or student, please click "Apply" and complete the application process for external applicants.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Penn State College of Medicine in Hershey, PA in the Olmez lab (Primary Investigator: Inan Olmez) at is looking for a highly self-motivated postdoctoral researcher to study the biology of brain metastasis from lung and breast cancers. With 3 recent federal funding, the Olmez lab is expanding by adding a postdoctoral scholar. The researcher will work on projects related to the mechanism of brain metastasis from breast and lung cancers.
- the interaction between neurons and metastatic cancer cells The role of extracellular vesicles in the development of brain metastasis.
- the researcher should be comfortable with cell culturing, IHC, and mouse studies. Those with experience in neuroscience and immunology are especially encouraged to apply.
In addition to adopting, implementing and developing laboratory methods, the researchers are expected to participate in grant writing and train staff in basic and advanced laboratory techniques.
The Olmez lab has access to all the shared resources to assist with experiments, including but not limited to Biostatistics, Microscopy, Pathology, Medicinal Chemistry, Genomics and Proteomics.
Ideal candidates are highly-motivated, creative, hardworking, independent, well-organized, and capable of multitasking individuals with excellent communication and writing skills. Record of scientific achievements is preferred.
Candidates should have a recent PhD and/or MD degree in biomedical sciences.
This is a limited-term appointment funded for one year from date of hire.
Employment will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University polices.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusive excellence as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO is the Law
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Penn State Policies