University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a not-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The Department of Neurosurgery at the University of Minnesota and UMPhysicians is recruiting a full-time neurosurgeon for M Health Fairview - Neurosciences Service Line. The clinic duties of this position will be split between services at the University of Minnesota Medical Center and a community hospital (St. John's Hospital or Southdale Medical Center). Highly qualified candidates who are committed to excellence in patient care, possess strong clinical skills, and have an interest in clinical investigation and education are encouraged to apply.
The team of physicians, Advanced Practice Providers, and neurosurgery residents make up the Neurosurgery Practice for M Health Fairview. This practice group provides a full spectrum of neurosurgical consultative and surgical care, to several acute hospitals and clinics in the Twin Cities Metro Area, including the University of Minnesota Medical Center, Southdale Medical Center, M Health Fairview St. John's Hospital, and M Health Fairview Ridges Hospital.Practice Details:
- As part of a multi-disciplinary team, this position will provide general neurosurgical services within our community of clinics and hospitals as well as opportunities for developing a sub-specialty interest at the University of Minnesota Medical Center
- Be part of a 24 surgeon, 18 APP's, 14 neurosurgery residents, 2 clinical fellows
- Existing referral practice through a network of approximately 1,100 affiliated physicians
- Primary stroke and level II/III Trauma program with supporting Specialists
- Reasonable call schedule, with first-call coverage by APP's and neurosurgery residents
- Opportunities to supervise and train medical students, residents, and clinical fellows.
- Opportunity to collaborate with innovative neuroscience physicians and researchers on pre-clinical and clinical investigations as well as participation in ongoing clinical trials.
- Appointment as faculty member at the University of Minnesota
M Health Fairview:
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Neurosurgery residency and/or fellowship training program and Board Certified/Board Prepared with the American Board of Medical Specialties or American Osteopathic Association.
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
- Ability to obtain and /or maintain DEA certification for the State of Minnesota.
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges.
M Health Fairview is a partnership between University of Minnesota, University of Minnesota Physicians, and Fairview Health Services combines the University's deep history of clinical innovation and training with Fairview's extensive roots in community medicine.University of Minnesota Physicians:
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit, physician led multi-specialty group practice composed of the physician faculty of the University of Minnesota Medical School, as well as non-faculty physician who focus on community-based care. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,100 physicians and over 1,500 health professionals and other staff, working across disciplines in primary care and over 100 specialty care areas. M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and opportunities for advancement.University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the most well-regarded public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located in the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the Minneapolis and St. Paul campuses benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds. As part of its commitment, the University of Minnesota provides equal access and opportunity to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. Fairview Health Services:
Fairview is an industry-leading nonprofit offering a full network of healthcare services. Our broad network is designed to be ready for our patients' every need, while delivering quality care with compassion. Our care portfolio includes community hospitals, academic hospitals, primary and specialty care clinics, senior facilities, facilitated living centers, rehabilitation centers, home health care services, counseling, pharmacies, benefit management services, and the health insurer PreferredOne. We are 34,000+ employees and 5,000+ system providers working to build lasting relationships with the people we serve - our patients, our communities, and each other.Community Information:
University of Minnesota Physicians is based in the beautiful Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area, consistently ranked as one of the best place to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. Minneapolis-St. Paul offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. There are excellent school systems, a thriving workforce, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and an international airport. Minneapolis boasts outdoor hobbies including fishing and boating, great golf, and some of the country's best bike trails.
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Vascular Neurologist, Location: Minneapolis, MN - 55414