Faculty Physician - Pediatric Cardiology- Fetal Echo
University of Minnesota
The Division of Pediatric Cardiology at the University of Minnesota is seeking a full time board certified/eligible Pediatric Cardiology Physician at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank on the clinical scholar or teaching track depending on qualifications. As the largest pediatric cardiology practice in Minnesota, our Heart Center utilizes a comprehensive team of CV intensivists, care coordinators, cardiologists, and surgeons-all within a true children's hospital setting, on a leading academic campus. This means children get dedicated attention from cardiovascular providers, all within in a child-friendly environment to help ease their pain and fears.About the Appointment:
About the Department:
- The Department / Division is seeking an individual with a strong interest in fetal echocardiograms.
- The selected candidate will be primarily responsible for reading and performing echocardiograms.
- The successful candidate should have knowledge of interpreting and performing echocardiography including trans-esophageal and fetal echocardiography
- This position will include clinical duties working in/at University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital.
- Aditional duties may include clinical pediatric cardiology attending rounds, and participating in cardiology clinics.
- Additional responsibilities will include participation in the teaching of medical students, residents, and fellows, clinical practice through UMPhysicians, and participation in service activities on behalf of the department, the medical school, and your profession.
- This position will include clinical services in both inpatient and ambulatory settings, along with teaching of medical students, residents and fellows.
- The position will require supervising, mentoring and teaching medical students, residents and fellows along with other curriculum development responsibilities.
- The successful candidate will participate in research projects and other academic/scholarly activities either as a collaborator or independent researcher, and participate in faculty development activities tailored to the candidate's career interests and goals.
- Pediatric Heart Center
- University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital
- Academic time will be used to pursue scholarly work in the candidate's area of specialty/research experience with a goal of developing collaborative or independent, externally funded research.
- Faculty will be active in their national organizations and foster an academic environment for medical students, residents and faculty.
The mission of the Department of Pediatrics is to generate new knowledge through research, to apply this new knowledge to the highest quality health care for the prevention and treatment of illness in children, and to provide the best possible education of the next generation of medical students, physicians, and other health professionals in childhood disease prevention, treatment, research, and advocacy. Through this mission the Department seeks to improve the lives of children in our community, nation, and the world.Qualifications:
M Health and Clinical Partnerships:
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Pediatric residency and Pediatric Cardiology fellowship training programs
- Board certified in Pediatrics. Board eligible/certified in Pediatric Cardiology
- Must have demonstrated involvement in clinical or basic science research through publications anticipated or published in peer-reviewed journals
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure
- Ability to obtain/maintain DEA certification in the State of Minnesota
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of VISA category while in the United States.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exception team player skills and priority of patient service
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Education focused and a creative problem-solver
University of Minnesota Physicians providers practice at affiliated locations under the University of Minnesota Health (M Health) shared care delivery system. M Health represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to create a nationally renowned academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Cardiologist, Location: Minneapolis, MN - 55414