The West Virginia University Research Corporation is seeking applications for a Post Doc Fellow in the Department of Neuroscience. This position will plan, implement, conduct, and analyze behavioral and electrophysiological experiments designed to assess learning and memory in animal models of disease.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Conduct behavioral assessment in animal models of disease.
- Expertise in handling animals
- Testing of computer and control equipment
- Monitoring animals during learning and memory tasks.
- Make electrophysiological recordings preferably in brain slices:
- This requires surgical expertise,
- Use of hardware and software to collect activity of individual neurons in tissue
- Analyze the resulting recordings.
- M.D. or PhD
- Previous experience with behavioral assessment and analysis.
- Surgical experience with animals preferably neurosurgery.
- Electrophysiological recording experience preferably with brain slices.
- Working knowledge and experience in behavioral assessment and analysis.
- Working knowledge and experience in electrophysiological recordings and analysis.
- Experience in surgical procedures in animals
- Preparation of results for publication