About South Florida State College:
South Florida State College is an open-access, higher education institution dedicated to providing a learning-centered environment through quality programs, training, and services. Working in partnership with organizations and communities, the college provides leadership and a comprehensive range of opportunities for the educational, cultural, and economic development of the service district.
SFSC is proud to be tobacco-free.
Full-time, year-round position responsible for the instructional programs, curriculum, and staffing in the Applied Sciences and Technologies division.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assists and advises the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Student Services in all divisional matters.
* Manages the planning and direction of all Applied Sciences and Technology programs.
* Supervises department leadership in the development and management of all technical curricula.
* Coordinates the scheduling of all classes within the Applied Sciences and Technologies division.
* Reviews and recommends staffing for divisional classes.
* Supervises and evaluates all faculty within the Applied Sciences and Technologies division.
* Manages delivery of quality programming in an effective and efficient manner.
* Coordinates needs-assessments and other related studies.
* Coordinates use of advisory groups in developing quality programs and placement.
* Develops occupational/technical grant proposals and assists with other grant proposal development.
* Provides supervision and management of grants awarded to the division (e.g., Perkins, NSF).
* Coordinates the budget planning process for the division.
* Recommends purchase, installation, and distribution of equipment and supplies in the division.
* Supervises budgetary expenditures for the division.
* Articulates vocational and technical programs with the various educational, industrial, public service, and business segments of the service area.
* Manages student discipline issues according to College policies and procedures within the Applied Sciences and Technologies division.
* Coordinates the participation of staff in recruitment activities.
* Interfaces with other College departments to promote effectiveness of programs.
* Collects, monitors and assesses data used in decision making and program reviews.
* Provides data and reports as needed.
* Assists in conducting placement and follow-up studies of Occupational and Technical students.
* Communicates effectively within the division of Applied Sciences and Technologies and throughout the College.
* Generates appropriate announcements for forwarding to the Director, Community Relations and Marketing on a timely basis.
* Supervises, trains, and works with department chairs, faculty, and staff development activities.
* Supervises the maintenance of records and handles administrative duties for the division of Applied Sciences and Technologies.
* Supervises department chairs in textbook selection, approval, and ordering.
* Represents the division of Applied Sciences and Technologies and the College at appropriate meetings and on councils and committees.
* Ensures compliance with federal and state rules and regulations.
* Responsible for coordinating, documenting, and implementing all unit action planning, outcomes assessment, and institutional effectiveness efforts within the scope of administrative supervision.
* Monitors and promotes progress toward meeting the goals and objectives of the College's Equity Update report.
* Acts as a Campus Security Authority (CSA)/responsible person for Title IX and Clery Act compliance. Must participate in all required CSA/responsible person training.
* Acts in accordance with College policies and procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Educational: Master's degree with a major in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Business, or other related field within the Applied Sciences and Technologies Division from a regionally-accredited institution required.
Experiential: Five years experience in administration/teaching in vocational-technical programs required. Work experience in a business or technical/industrial field preferred.
Reports To: Vice President for Academic Affairs and Student Services
Supervises: Faculty and Staff assigned to Applied Sciences and Technologies
Posting Date: August 19, 2021
Starting Annual Salary Range: $105,000 - $108,000
Application Review Begins: September 15, 2021
SOUTH FLORIDA STATE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL ACCESS/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION
Applicants with disabilities who need assistance in the application or hiring process should contact: Human Resources, 863-784-7132, or send written request to:
South Florida State College
ATTN: Director, Human Resources
EA/EO & ADA Officer
600 West College Drive
Avon Park, FL 33825
To apply for this position please click the "Apply Now" button and complete the application process. Resumes are optional.
If you experience trouble with the application process, please click here to contact the help desk.
Returning Applicant Login.