Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott's life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations - with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Santa Clara, CA
currently has an opportunity for an Associate EngineerWHAT YOU'LL DO -
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRINGRequired -
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Understands and consistently follows documented procedures.
- Executes assigned tasks; utilizes technical and theoretical understanding of several techniques to complete assigned tasks.
- Applies quantitative methods: analyzes data, evaluates results, forms conclusions, and provides/implements process or document improvements.
- Troubleshoots instrumentation or experiments.
- Utilizes technical literature to expand technical and theoretical understanding.
- Knowledge of analytical instrumentation.
- Recognizes and assists with the resolution of technical problems.
- Provides leadership and guidance to junior team members
- Experience planning and executing hardware / software integration activities
- Strong organization, communication and ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- May prepare and deliver presentations of project results to own or other groups.
- Influences decision-making through negotiation, addressing conflict, and by building productive working relationships within a team.
- Participate in technology teams., Interprets experimental results, draws conclusions, and recommends options for next steps.
- Makes or provides input to plans that accomplish assigned activities.
- Conducts experiments according to plan., Maintains appropriate documentation so that information and materials are traceable and processes are transferable.
- Modifies work procedures to meet current ADD quality and regulatory requirements.
- Establishes and uses appropriate metrics to measure progress toward meeting quality standards and to enable early identification and correction of gaps.,
- Tries to understand changes in work tasks, situations, and environment as well as the logic or basis for change.
- Exchanges information with appropriate frequency and within a time frame to maximize its utility and to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Takes action that goes beyond job requirements in order to achieve objectives.
- Brainstorms multiple approaches/solutions to approaching the business, processes, and daily work.
- Examines numerous potential solutions and evaluates each before accepting any.
- Targets important areas for innovation and develops solutions that address meaningful work issues
- Record and communicate experimental results to technical personnel with diverse scientific backgrounds.
- Bachelors Degree In a life or physical science or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Some Related experience.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting IVDs and Biologics.
- Master's Degree preferred in Engineering.
- Master's in other bio or life science degree.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Hematology or academic lab experience with emphasis on contriving whole blood specimens preferred
- Experience in a clinical laboratory setting maintaining and running diagnostic medical equipment preferred
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.