Doane University, a nationally recognized liberal arts and sciences university in Crete, Nebraska, invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Engineering to start August 2022. Anticipated responsibilities include teaching 21 credit hours per year (Fall and Spring) of discipline-specific engineering and physics courses. Supervising engineering design projects, engaging undergraduate students in research, advising majors in our growing Engineering program, and participating actively in the life of the department are also among the duties of the position. Doane's BS in Engineering program had its first graduating cohort in May 2020 and is currently undergoing ABET program review for the 2021-22 cycle.
- Ideal candidates for this position will have experience working in interdisciplinary engineering environments and engaging in fundamental engineering learning experiences.
- All engineering disciplines are encouraged to apply, but a preference may be shown to electrical engineering areas in order to complement existing faculty expertise.
- PhD preferred.
- ABDs with a firm deadline for completion, or applicants holding professional licensure, will be considered for appointment as Visiting Assistant Professor or Assistant Professor of Practice.
- Candidates with demonstrated teaching and industry experience are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in an active learning and teaching environment, value interdisciplinary studies, are committed to teaching a diverse population of students, and are responsive to student needs.
www.doane.edu/jobs with a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, contact information for three references, and PDFs of transcripts of all graduate work (unofficial accepted for applications). Official transcript of graduate degrees or graduate degree in progress will be required as a condition for employment. Applications received by February 6, 2022, will receive full consideration. For further inquiries on the position, please email
Doane University actively works to create and sustain a welcoming learning community for all members to fulfill their potential, feel valued, and make meaningful contributions to the University. Doane University is an equal opportunity employer and seeks candidates who reflect the diversity of our society. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Doane is unable to sponsor applicants for work visas.We offer top-notch benefits:
Doane's Mission Statement
- Health, dental , and vision insurance; 403b retirement plan with employer matching contributions
- Free admission to Doane University events
- Discounts through Apple, Verizon Wireless and more!
- We encourage our employees to take advantage of a Doane education with tuition benefits for undergraduate and graduate programs. Employees' dependents can receive tuition benefits in our undergraduate programs too.
- A mission-driven institution. With a singular direction and focus, Doane handles its business strategically. You'll see the difference of working for a purpose-driven organization that knows where it's going-and where it will take your career.
Doane University creates distinctive educational experiences, rooted in the liberal arts, to prepare our students for careers and lives grounded in inquiry, ethics, and a commitment to lead and serve in the global community.Our Values: Inclusion, Integrity, Innovation and Transformation
Doane University actively works to create and sustain a welcoming learning community for all members to fulfill their potential, belong, feel valued, and make meaningful contributions to the university. Doane University is an equal opportunity employer and seeks candidates who reflect the diversity of our society.
The Chronicle of Higher Education. Keywords: Engineering - Assistant Professor, Location: Crete, NE - 68333