At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It's in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
Interested in a career in scientific publishing? Wiley-VCH's European Journal of Immunology is looking for an Assistant Editor. The position is based in Germany either in the Weinheim office or working remotely from a German location.How you will make an impact:
We are looking for people who have:
- Scientifically assess and handle manuscripts throughout the peer-review process in conjunction with the Executive Committee of the Journal and other members of the in-house editorial team
- Commission content and actively contribute to the strategic development of the Journal, tracking the Journal's progress against key performance indicators
- Network with the scientific community and promote the Journal via social media
- Developmentally edit reviews, news and other commissioned material
- Handle manuscripts from acceptance through to publication
- Contribute to the development of Wiley's cell and molecular biology portfolio
- A PhD in an immunological discipline, with postdoctoral immunological research being an advantage
- An excellent command of the English language
- Strong communication (written and spoken) and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm and successful experience of working both in a team and independently
- Taken initiative for establishing and driving projects forward and prioritising tasks, including administration, accordingly
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and computer skills; the ability to multi-task and work under time pressure to meet deadlines is essential.
- Passion for immunology and scientific publishing, and enjoy learning new skills. Previous publishing experience is not required as full training will be provided.
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company's headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
When applying, please attach your resume/CV and a cover letter explaining your interest in and fit for the position to be considered. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.