Instructor - Cosmetology(This is not a remote position, candidate must reside within the city to be considered)
We call it being a life changer, but you'll call it a job you love while helping others find the same. You'll have a hand in improving the lives of countless SCI students throughout Texas by working with impassioned educators and campus faculty in a collaborative, interactive environment to create optimized environment for our students.Responsibilities
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough and accurate knowledge of the teaching field and discipline;
- Plan and organize instruction in ways which maximize student learning. Practice excellence in teaching and instruction;
- Modify instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse students' needs;
- Prepare lesson plans and teach courses as prescribed by the approved institutional curriculum;
- Encourage the development of communication skills and higher order thinking skills through appropriate assignments;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Cosmetology Instructor License (required);
- Prior post-secondary related teaching experience of at least 1 year in subject matter is highly preferred;
- Strong Nail Technician experience.
About Southern Careers Institute
- Training & Development
- Fun & Energetic, Family-Based Environment
- Continuous Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Options
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Options (HSA & FSA)
- Basic Life & Accident Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- SCI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
SCI has been changing lives for over 50 years, now and we're just getting started. We offer certification-based training with programs in Medical, Business, Cosmetology, Skilled-Trades and Technology with campuses spanning across central and south Texas as well as online. Our students can graduate most of our programs in under one year and with real-world experience under their belt.