Job DescriptionJob Duties:
Assist in screening of novel compounds for their utility as fungicides. The Associate Scientist will help in propagation of plant test units, spraying of chemicals and rating test units. Opportunities may arise to develop new assays, optimize or troubleshoot existing assays or do other project oriented work under the direction of a Primary Investigator.Skills / Qualifications:
- BS in Biology, Agriculture, Plant Pathology, Plant Science, Microbiology, or other related scientific field
- All aspects of work relating to the optimization of candidate fungicides and others, including compound dilution, formulation, application, bioassay design, setup, implementation and execution.
- Growth chamber and greenhouse plant production and propagation as necessary to support research efforts.
- Maintaining and tracking of Plant Pathogen cultures, inoculation and aseptic and sterile techniques as necessary to support research projects.
- Data collection, analysis and report generation
- Computer knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Photographic and microscopy experience, skills and interests also a plus.
Company DescriptionSince 1988, Frontier Scientific, Inc. has functioned as a specialty CRO, working to enable dramatic cost reductions via outsourced sample management, reformatting, sample procurement, liquid handling, and compound library management. The Delaware location is also an Alliance Partner with corporations that specialize in agricultural research and products, as well as various other science-related business units. Frontier Scientific, Inc. also supplies Lepidopteran species for agricultural research, as well as other entomological products and services.