Aspen Group, Inc is an education technology holding company that leverages its infrastructure and expertise to allow its two universities, Aspen University and United States University, to deliver on the vision of making college affordable again.Aspen University
is looking for an experienced Nursing Faculty, Full Time
to join our our amazing Team at our new campus in Phoenix, AZ.Position Description:
School of Nursing Faculty will teach in both the online and ground courses offered to the pre-licensure students. Course assignments will be based on faculty experience and expertise. Faculty are expected to lay the foundation for nursing expectations and the writing skills necessary to be successful BSN graduates. Faculty will teach courses and be committed to engaging students, assessing learning and supporting achievement of academic goals.
Nursing program faculty member is defined as an individual working full time within a nursing program who is responsible for developing, implementing, teaching, evaluating, or updating nursing knowledge, clinical skills, or curricula.Essential Functions:
- Responsible for curriculum delivery, quality pedagogy and building community in the online environment
- Responsible for maintaining a student assignment in lab, seminar, or simulation/clinical courses
- Responsible for quality feedback and engagement with students
- Teach maximum student load every 8 weeks
- Responsible for assessing student outcomes with quantitative and qualitative measures
- Actively participate in University and School faculty meetings
- Responsible for course revisions as assigned
- Actively participate in University and School governance matters
- Other duties as assigned
- An earned RN and MSN; experience in online teaching
- CNE credential preferred
- Nursing program shall implement written personnel policies for didactic and clinical nursing faculty members including workload policies that at minimum conform to those for other faculty members of the parent institution and that are in accordance with accepted nursing educational standards or provide a written explanation of any differences not related to the requirements of this Article.
- A nursing program shall provide at a minimum the number of qualified faculty members necessary for compliance with the provisions of this Article and comparable to that provided by approved programs of equivalent size and program type, or, in the case of no equivalent program, a number scaled relative to an approved program.
- The parent institution of a nursing program shall ensure that at least one nursing faculty member is assigned to no more than ten students while students are directly or indirectly involved in the care of patients including precepted experiences.
- The faculty shall supervise all students in clinical areas in accordance with the acuity of the patient population, clinical objectives, demonstrated competencies of the student, and requirements established by the clinical agency.
- The parent institution of a nursing program shall ensure that every registered nursing program faculty member holds a current Arizona registered nurse license in good standing or multi-state privilege to practice in Arizona under A.R.S., Title 32, Chapter 15 and that every faculty member meets one of the following:
If providing didactic instruction:a.
At least two years of experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care; andb
. A graduate degree. The majority of the faculty members of a registered nursing program shall hold a graduate degree with a major in nursing. If the graduate degree is not in nursing, the faculty member shall hold a minimum of a baccalaureate degree in nursing; or2.
If providing clinical instruction, as defined in R4-19-101, only:a.
The requirements for didactic faculty, orb.
A baccalaureate degree with a major in nursing and at least three years of experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care.3
. Under the leadership of the nursing program administrator, nursing program faculty members shall:a.
Develop, implement, evaluate, and revise the program of learning including the curriculum and learning outcomes of the program;b.
Develop, implement, evaluate and revise standards for the admission, progression, and graduation of students;c.
Participate in advisement and guidance of students.d
. Together with the nursing program administrator, develop, implement and evaluate written policies for faculty orientation, continuous learning and evaluation.
At Aspen Group, we embrace diversity, we support it, we celebrate it and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Aspen Group is proud to be an equal employment workplace and an affirmative action employer.