Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Senior Director, Medical Communications, Education and Strategy will grow and lead a team of medical professionals from the Precision Oncology Medical Organization's Evidence Generation and Publication Strategy (EGPS), Medical Communications, Non-Promotional Medical Education and Medical External Outreach and Insights groups. This role provides functional leadership and operational support to the Medical Organization to lead the cross-functional ideation, development, maintenance, annual review, tracking, and internal communication of EGPSs, internal and external communications, internal and non-promotional medical education programs. This role will also lead advisory board and conference support for PO Oncology, Urology, and Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) businesses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage direct reporting relationships for individuals supporting the Medical Strategy function including Evidence Generation and Publication Strategy, Medical Communications, Non-Promotional Medical Education and Medical External Outreach and Insights.
• Collaborate with Medical Development and Medical Affairs on the development, communication, and execution of Precision Oncology Evidence Generation and Publication Strategies (EGPS) for Oncology, Urology, NGS and Pipeline including transcriptomic and NGS products, i.e., NGS tissue panels, NGS liquid panels and minimal residual disease (MRD).
• Lead the enterprise-wide tactical planning for development, execution, and submission of abstracts and manuscripts for Precision Oncology on-market and pipeline products.
• Lead for Medical Organization the development and implementation of annual, cross-functional processes and collateral for the development of EGPS that include downstream user feedback, and that track the tactical execution of supporting activities including medical advisory boards, clinical studies, analyses, presentations, and publications.
• Lead Medical External Outreach and Insights function that includes planning, executing, and communications for/from medical advisory boards and conference planning.
• Manage the Medical Communications function that provides curation, coordination, and communication of clinical and medical information companywide by leading all medical writing activities; including rapid response team communications, guideline/guidance statement responses, corporate affairs/PR collateral, Key Opinion Leader (KOL) outreach communications, white papers, quarterly dossier updates, and evidence medical communication summaries/dossiers/packets.
• Manage the Non-promotional Medical Education function that develops non-promotional educational materials that includes, but not restricted to, disease states (epidemiology, prevalence, incidence, pathogenesis), gene variants (nomenclature, ideograms, diagrams), diagnostic technologies and assays, patient reports, imaging, targeted therapies and clinical trial evidence to all internal (Medical Organization, Sales, Marketing) and external stakeholders (physicians, nurses, navigators, advocates).
• As part of the Non-promotional Medical Education function, manage the Medical Review Team (MRT), including curricula, material development for internal commercial training, and derivative materials for non-promotional external medical education.
• Manage, plan, coordinate, and distribute meeting minutes for Medical Leadership Team (MLT) meetings, an advanced forum for discussion, ideation, feedback and alignment by senior medical organization personnel and key stakeholders across the Precision Oncology, Pipeline, and International businesses as well as the appropriate enabling functions.
• Lead the development and implementation of SOPs related to Evidence Generation, Publication Planning, Development, and Communication to ensure alignment with industry guidelines and best practices.
• Support rapid response and related content development to ensure timely execution of company responses to significant emerging evidence and/or external business threats.
• Manage the medical organization's Precision Oncology guideline submissions (American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO), College of American Pathologists (CAP), Association for Molecular Pathology (AMP), etc.).
• Manage the medical organization effort and support of regulatory agency submissions (Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency (PMDA), and European Medicines Agency (EMA)).
• Act as liaison/subject matter expert between the medical organization and cross-functional leads across the Precision Oncology commercial organization for all evidence generation and publication activities.
• Manage the medical organization's external agency partnership(s) and execution of projects focused on ad boards, planning, development, and communication.
• Represent the EGPS function at Exact leadership meetings, e.g., Precision Oncology Leadership Team (POLT).
• Manage indirect reporting relationships for individuals supporting the medical strategy function, including cross-functional partners.
• Collaborate with medical organization leadership and other functional leads to achieve team goals.
• Supervise staff; including, but not limited to, organize and prioritize work, write/conduct performance reviews, train/develop, and manage work performance.
• Communicate goals clearly to employees to ensure understanding and success in achieving them.
• Motivate and inspire employees to do their best work through coaching.
• Maintain morale and support employee engagement initiatives.
• Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
• Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System policies and procedures.
• Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
• Ability to act with an inclusion mindset and model these behaviors for the organization.
• Ability to work designated schedule.
• Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 70% of a typical working day.
• Ability to lift up to 10 pounds for approximately 10% of a typical working day.
• Ability to travel 25% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
• Master's Degree in Life Sciences or other related field relevant to a scientific or medical discipline.
• 15+ years of experience in a field related to the essential functions of the job.
• 8+ years of experience leading or directing people and/or project teams.
• Demonstrated ability to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation.
• Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
• PhD in Life Sciences or other field relevant to a scientific or medical discipline.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.