J&J Editorial, a Wiley brand
Our mission is to unlock human potential. We welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and we embrace individuals who get excited about learning. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion; it's in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
J&J Editorial is a growing organization that supports the editorial management of a variety of scholarly publications, primarily academic journals. J&J's employees are experts in helping editorial offices set priorities and create the workflow necessary for submission growth and timely publication.About the Role:
The Managing Editor is responsible for overseeing the peer review and editorial office processes of at least one scholarly journal. Managing Editors may work in conjunction with editors, publishers, and professional society staff to carry out journal operations and strategy.How you will make an impact:
What we look for:
- Act as a self-sufficient employee with an understanding of peer review system capabilities, industry standards, and strong relationship-building skills with project stakeholders.
- Manage the peer review process for all manuscripts submitted to assigned journals using specific protocols generated by the client. Track submissions through the editorial process to ensure peer review is conducted in accordance with set turnaround times.
- Respond to inquiries from all journal stakeholders, including but not limited to authors, reviewers, editors, publisher, and professional society staff in a timely, professional manner.
- Collect and record institutional knowledge for the journals worked on (e.g., maintain protocols, history of major project changes, annual reports).
- Act as a resource and mentor for editorial assistants within the client group, including some training responsibilities for team members.
- Meet established productivity goals and deadlines for the journals assigned.
- Identify areas of improvement in tasks.
- 1-2 years of experience in a publishing related role preferred
- Experience with peer review systems (e.g., ScholarOne Manuscripts, Editorial Manager, eJournal Press) preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management and critical thinking skills
- Delivers a consistently high level of quality for all tasks, exhibiting strong attention to detail and thoroughness
- Ability to follow written directions and ask for clarification when needed
- Ability to juggle multiple projects within prescribed workload allotment
- Ability to collaborate with clients and internal staff to effectively troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Aptitude developing and implementing creative solutions
Enabling Discovery, Powering Education, Shaping Workforces.
We clear the way for seekers of knowledge: illuminating the path forward for research and education, tearing down barriers to society's advancement, and giving seekers the help they need to turn their steps into strides.
Wiley may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: our people. We are willing to challenge the status quo, move the needle, and be innovative. Wiley's headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations across the globe in more than 40 countries.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate all qualified applicants and treat all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Wiley is also committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.