As a Research Associate/Assistant in the R&D group of Clear Labs, you will support the development of assays, reagents and automated methods for our clinical and food safety platforms. You may also assist in our CLIA laboratory, which involves qPCR/NGS performance for SARS-CoV-2 testing. You will be part of multidisciplinary teams solving complex problems, troubleshooting experiments and investigating new research areas. RequirementsJob Duties (dependent upon level of experience)
- Perform routine microbiology/molecular biology experiments in the laboratory independently with minimal guidance from Associate Scientists, Scientists and Senior Research Associates.
- Keep detailed logs of the experiments and report scientific findings in laboratory notebooks
- Prepare SOPs and protocols for making reagent mixes, kits, assay controls and assist in the routine manufacturing of reagent kits
- Assist in preparing formal reports, presentations, posters, and manuscripts under the direction of the Principal Investigator.
- Contribute proactively in data analysis and troubleshooting experimental problems
- Perform SARS- COV 2 & other diagnostic testing in a clinical lab setting (as needed)
- Reads and understands relevant scientific literature
- Maintain and clean laboratory and equipment alongside other RAs and interns in a collaborative and proactive environment.
- Organization of daily work schedule to utilize time efficiently.
- Follows best practices in a molecular laboratory to ensure quality patient results
- Bachelors of Science in microbiology, molecular biology, biotechnology or other related fields.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in a microbiology or molecular biology laboratory
- Experience in bacterial culture, isolation and enumeration is a plus
- Experience working in a GMP setting is a plus
- Some level of proficiency in statistics, data analysis and computing is a plus
- Familiarity with common laboratory techniques and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A desire to be part of a fast paced dynamic development environment and willingness to be flexible with different work environments and timings
- Must be currently authorized to work in the US. We do not have a budget for any immigration sponsorship at this time.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Can do attitude, resourcefulness to adapt and high energy are desirable attributes
- Lunch onsite 5 days a week
- Healthy snacks & fresh fruits available all the time