An IDEXX laboratory is a dynamic place to be. Passionate people and thousands of samples come through our doors each day, and in every one of them is an opportunity: to grow a career, to keep a beloved pet healthy, to work on something deeply purposeful. As a Lab Lead in our Sample Management Dept., you will be coordinating the thousands of clinical samples we receive every day from Veterinary Clinics, helping to sort, tag, and prepare the samples for testing. You will also coordinate daily activities and provide training, coaching, and guidance to the team.
IDEXX Reference laboratories is a global network united by a shared commitment to enhancing pet care where the true strength in our name is the people behind it. Our reference laboratories make it possible for our customers to discover more with our unrelenting commitment to innovation, personalized support, guidance, and expertise while providing the most complete and advanced menu of diagnostic tests along with technology and tools.
What you can expect in this role:
* The team receives, prepares, and accessions veterinary samples (blood, urine, feces and biopsies) for laboratory analysis and testing.
* You can expect to remove specimens from transport bags and enter specimen data into a computer tracking system, and rack and bundle prepared samples for delivery to each testing department.
* You will assist other lab personnel with specimen storage and ensuring that Turn Around Times (TAT's) are met.
* From day one, you'll have full autonomy in your work, but you'll also get full support when you need it.
* You will play a critical role as part of a successful team that is proud of the work they do and motivated by the common purpose in helping veterinarians quickly diagnose illness and disease in pets and animals.
* You will provide consistent communication with other related departments to coordinate work and resolve issues as needed.
What You Will Need to Succeed
* You are able to work nights and weekends
* You have a positive attitude and love to bring this energy into the lab every day to support your colleagues, whether working independently or as a team contributor.
* You are someone who thrives in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment.
* You value working at the highest levels of accuracy, safety and quality
* You are able to read, understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), including safety and quality procedures.
* You have a familiarity and comfort with using computers for data entry.
* You are able to prioritize and multi-task, demonstrated excellent attention to detailon the job and can work reliably and precisely
* Your customer service skills are top-notch
* Able to meet the physical requirements that go with working in a lab - standing and sitting for extended periods of time, phone & computer use, extended reach, lifting up to 50lb, and specific vision ability - close, color, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* This is a laboratory, so there is potential exposure to biohazards, agents known to cause zoonotic diseases, and hazardous chemicals.
We're proud of the work we do because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from diseases. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 9,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you? We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let's pursue what matters together.
IDEXX values a diverse workforce and workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
IDEXX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.