Dr. Marjorie Rhodes is seeking a full-time Junior Laboratory Associate to coordinate research on social-cognitive development in young children. Information about the lab's research is available at: http://kidconcepts.org/.
Job duties include:
- Managing participant recruitment systems, IRB protocols, and finances (e.g., budgets, reimbursements, and so on)
- Data processing
- Communicating with families and community partners
- Recruiting, training, scheduling, and supervising undergraduate research assistants
- Providing general support to researchers in the lab
The Junior Laboratory Associate will also be welcome to collaborate on research projects relevant to their interests and career goals.
- A bachelor's degree in psychology or cognitive science
- One or more years of research experience
- The ability to work independently
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication and public relations skills
- Strong organizational, managerial, and problem-solving skills
Please include the following documents:
- A cover letter describing your research experience, relevant skills, and career goals
- A current resume/CV
- An unofficial college transcript
- Contact information for two references
For best consideration, please apply by January 7, 2022. The start date is flexible (but sometime before June 2022 is preferred). Please clarify when you are available to begin the position in your cover letter.
The Faculty of Arts and Science at NYU is at the heart of a leading research university that spans the globe. We seek scholars of the highest caliber, who embody the diversity of the United States as well as the global society in which we live. We strongly encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, and other individuals who are under-represented in the profession, across color, creed, race, ethnic and national origin, physical ability, gender and sexual identity, or any other legally protected basis. NYU is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and affirms the value of differing perspectives on the world as we strive to build the strongest possible university with the widest reach. To learn more about the Arts & Science commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, visit https://as.nyu.edu/departments/facultydiversity.html.
EOE/Affirmative Action/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
For people in the EU, click here for information on your privacy rights under GDPR: www.nyu.edu/it/gdpr
NYU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its recruitment and hiring process without regard to age, alienage, caregiver status, childbirth, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, domestic violence victim status, ethnicity, familial status, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, partnership status, predisposing genetic characteristics, pregnancy, race, religion, reproductive health decision making, sex, sexual orientation, unemployment status, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.
NYU aims to be among the greenest urban campuses in the country and carbon neutral by 2040. Learn more at nyu.edu/sustainability