Louisiana Delta Community College (LDCC) seeks a highly qualified instructor of Commercial Electrician. The instructor in this position is expected to assert a high level of rigor in their classes to ensure an exemplary degree of competitiveness for our students. The Commercial Electrician program prepares individuals to install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electrical devices, components, and equipment that are utilized in residential and commercial electrical systems. This position will be located at the Monroe campus and is a nine-month position.
Examples of Duties
* Teach a load of 15 credit hours per semester
* Plans, develops, and uses effective teaching methods and materials which assist students in meeting course objectives, are appropriate for students with diverse educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles, and engage the students in learning.
* Classes may be day, afternoon, evening, and/or weekends
* Maintain regular office hours, grade records
* Respond to requests for information in a timely manner
* Attend and participate in faculty meetings
* Design and develop curriculum within state and accreditation body guidelines
* Assist in assessment and placement of students in appropriate classes
* Participate in student recruitment, placement, advisement, and serve on college committees
* Identify student learning outcomes: develop processes and tools for assessment; incorporate results in order to modify instruction and materials in coordination with colleagues
2. Professional Development
* Maintains high standards of competence in the discipline(s) and teaching methodologies through professional development activities.
* Reviews, evaluates, reflects, and revises program curricula and teaching methods through a self-evaluation process of self- reflection.
* Meets or exceeds professional standards, state-mandated guidelines, requirements of business/industry, and higher education, as appropriate to the discipline(s).
* Actively participates in college meetings and/or committees, task forces, and councils
* Participates in college-related activities such as registration, community education, and recruitment of students, student retention, and faculty selection
* Participates in college activities for students/student organizations to aid in retention
* Participates in business and community activities that foster goodwill and promote the mission and values of the college
* Participates in activities required to maintain program and college accreditation standards
* Participates in setting departmental goals, in developing college budgets that support the goals, and in planning for achieving those goals.
* Promotes and maintains departmental affiliation agreements and other partnerships
* Other duties as assigned
The candidate must hold at least an Associate's Degree in a related field (example: Electrical Engineering), Bachelor's Degree preferred, four years or the equivalent of four years of relevant, full-time work experiences in an industrial or factory related environment. A Technical Diploma or Certificate will be considered with work experience.
The successful candidate must also be service-oriented, promote excellence, and embrace a commitment to professionalism. Applicants should have demonstrated commitment to the philosophy and mission of Louisiana Delta Community College. Applicant should also demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of students, faculty, and staff from a variety of backgrounds.
In addition to completing an online application, a cover letter, resume and transcripts must be attached online for full consideration.
Louisiana Delta Community College (LDCC) is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher educations for all persons, including faculty and employees with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis. LDCC prohibits discrimination and harassment based on sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, work-related injury or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities, A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees and the College participates in the Federally-mandated E-Verify program.
LCTCS and its colleges are EEO/AA/ADA Employers