The Titus School is a private, 12 month* educational program for children with special needs ages 5.0 and up. We are a multidisciplinary setting that provides Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Counseling to offer a comprehensive learning environment for children with a variety of diagnoses. We are looking for a NYS Licensed Registered Professional Nurse to join our team immediately.Responsibilities:
To be performed in a manner consistent with professional standards, the New York State Nurse Practice Act, state regulations and district policies.
- Serve as a 1:1 nurse for a medically fragile student and a team nurse with the lead school nurse
- Uses the nursing process to assess the health needs of students and staff.
- Administers medications and treatments as ordered. (G-tube feeds, respiratory therapies, seizure protocols, etc.)
- Supports the personal health and hygiene of students
- Provides care for student and staff illness and accidents.
- Develops individual health care plans and modifications for students with special health care needs.
- Serves as liaison between the home, medical community, and the school regarding student health concerns.
- Manages mandated school screening programs, school physicals, and follow-up.
- Monitors the school environment and recommends changes to promote health and safety.
- Coordinates school health services by managing the health office and supervising CNA.
- Prepares and maintains accurate cumulative health records including immunizations.
- Serves as resource person to home school, the school, and community regarding health issues.
- Serves as a member of the Titus Team, as needed.
- Reviews and evaluates own job performance and maintains professional development with lead school nurse
- Reviews and evaluates school health services.
- Reports suspected physical and sexual abuse and neglect, follows communicable disease control procedures and informs administration and/or parents regarding school exclusion and readmission.
- And more, we want a confident and competent candidate that will make this job their own.
· Hold current New York State license as a Registered Professional Nurse.
· Current certification in CPR.
· Baccalaureate degree in nursing or related field.Desirable Qualifications:
· Experience in pediatric and/or community or public health nursing.
· Prior experience in school nursing.
· Master + degree/certificates in nursing or related field preferredReports to:
Head of School, immediate supervisor, and Director of Clinical Services.Job Goal:
To provide primary health and emergency care to students, promote wellness and serve as a resource for health concerns in the school setting.Benefits:
In addition to medical insurance, 401K, and so on this is a great opportunity for both a new nurse looking to explore school health under a passionate experienced provider and an experienced nurse looking for a change of pace. You have the option of a 30 hour or 40 hour work week and we follow the DOE calendar so you have off all school holidays and closures. This is a salaried position because we feel it is important to offer financial stability (rather than an hourly, per diem, or contract/agency position). We are a growing school and will continue to need 2 nurses therefore this position is not contingent on the enrollment of one student.Salary
: The salary range varies based on # of hours worked (30-40 hours per week), experience, and education.
*12 months=6 weeks of summer school with approximately 3+ weeks of paid time off (1+ in June/July & 2+ consecutive weeks in August) and summer Fridays--early dismissal @ 1pm!
Company DescriptionThe Titus School was established on the premise that all children and their families are valued members of the community. We believe that everyone deserves an education that meets their needs and helps them reach their full potential. At Titus, we see beyond classifications and labels; and we know a diagnosis is a guide to treatment, not an identity. We believe that relationships are the foundation for all learning and progress comes when treatment is paired with empathy.
The Titus School's goal is to help their students establish the skills needed to unlock their potential and open doors to new possibilities. The common thread that tied the Titus team together was their inability to find that "next step," for their clients and students; for whom school seemed to be an unattainable goal. Titus provides the highest quality services to children and families with unparalleled dedication and expertise in the support of a school and a community. The Titus School aims to be the first and next step in the treatment and education of some of the most underserved children in the five boroughs of New York City and beyond!