Job Scope & Purpose:
The translational research scientist will participate in efforts to design and execute strategies to understand mechanisms related to drug response and resistance and to develop bioassays for clinical trials. The successful candidate should have extensive experience in cell biology mechanism of action studies, in vivo efficacy studies and bioassay development. This person will report to Head of Biology and work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment and with both in office and remote team members.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Biomarker strategy and assay development
- Patient and preclinical model selection strategy
- Design and execute translational research to demonstrate efficacy, discover and validate pathways and biomarkers associated with mechanism of action and drug response
- Provide pharmacologic and pharmacodynamic rationales and translational/experimental medicine approaches for clinical protocols.
- Participate in the design and implementation of biomarker research in clinical trials and monitor the scientific quality of pharmacodynamic and predictive biomarker clinical assay data
Primary Job Requirements:
- Ph.D. with 3+ years, or M.S. with 5+ years, of experience in the biopharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Experience in in vivo studies to demonstrate efficacy and identify biomarkers associated with response and/or resistance
- Experience with setting up clinical assays for clinical trials
- Experience in managing CROs and consultants
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience and insight into basic, translational and clinical research related to biomarkers
- Domain knowledge in chronic kidney disease, inflammatory bowel disease, or Anemia research is preferred.
- Work collaboratively in cross-functional, fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent organization skills and ability to manage projects to meet key deliverables
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.