Overview:Instructs Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) personnel in current Technical and/or Retail courses at various OEM Learning & Performance Centers, OEM Dealerships or other OEM locations.Responsibilities:
- Organizes, communicates, and delivers learning objectives in a clear, concise manner through well-paced lessons ensuring appropriate classroom and lab content.
- Actively supervises and holds students accountable in classroom and lab to ensure participation and motivation, while facilitating a neat, orderly, controlled, and safe learning environment.
- Tests, evaluates, and communicates student performance in a timely and accurate manner according to and consistent with OEM direction and guidelines.
- Prepares, maintains, and obtains training aids, tools, and equipment, in advance, for use in classroom and lab.
- Prepares, develops and/or updates curriculum from original equipment manufacturer e.g., curriculum materials include but are not limited to facilitator guides, student workbooks, products and service manuals, online course materials etc.
- Delivers prepared curriculum and related learning programs.
- Tests and evaluates student performance in a timely and accurate manner using proper documentation as per OEM direction and guidelines. Prepares weekly reports of activities as directed.
- Maintains continuous contact with OEM Managers confirming learning program related logistics and deliverables. Obtains training aids at each location for use in classroom and lab.
- Fiscally responsible for travel and course delivery expenses.
- Adhere to all the guidelines of the OEM Corporate Travel Policy
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications:Education / Experience
- High School Diploma plus some post-secondary education required.
- Five years experience as a manufacturer specific technician or fully qualified manufacturer specific instructor preferred.
- ASE Master Automotive plus L1 or L2 preferred.
- Five years experience as instructor in technical/soft skills preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written.
- Problem solving and decision making skills, using good judgment and professionalism
- Ability to provide flexible and adaptable work schedules.
- Ability to transfer technical knowledge to students with a variety of learning styles.
- Ability to effectively use a wide variety of classroom delivery techniques.
- Ability to successfully coach as well as motivate students.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 15 pounds or less 5% of the workday
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn and reason for all of the workday
- Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods throughout the workday.
- Must be able to use a keyboard and do manual tasks for prolonged periods throughout the workday.
- Work is performed indoors in a climate-controlled environment.