Job Scope & Purpose:
Our exclusive client is unlocking the therapeutic potential of targets that are highly disease-relevant but undruggable by traditional protein-targeting approaches. They have built proprietary RNA-targeting platforms that leverage our deep knowledge and innovative ideas in data-driven genomics, computational biology, high-throughput screening, medicinal chemistry, and disease pharmacology. The team is a vibrant and exciting venture-backed startup located in the Greater Boston area. Developing new medicines demands a team of individuals with scientific curiosity, a can-do attitude, passion for progress, complementary skills, and thinking outside the box.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Accountable for driving a robust scientific agenda and the application of expert data analysis and contemporary design tools to drive effective target design and prioritization within a portfolio of projects
- Contribute to medicinal chemistry strategy and devising hit ID strategies to move projects from the Hit-to-Lead through the Development Candidate (DC) phases with scientific excellence, efficiency, and speed
- Partner with enabling functions within Medicine Design to lead projects through the Lead Optimization phase, ensuring the delivery of small molecule/synthetic drug candidates with scientific excellence, efficiency, and speed.
- Play a key role in enhancing the external reputation of our Medicinal Chemistry Drug Discovery capabilities through high profile publications and presentations at leading conferences
Primary Job Requirements:
- Doctorate level degree in a relevant area of science, or equivalent industrial experience
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Track record of delivering high impact contributions to Med Chem projects
- Expert working knowledge of the critical Medicinal Chemistry concepts and design tools required for pharmaceutical drug discovery
- Consistent record of peer-reviewed publications from scientific work to date, to include medicinal chemistry/ drug discovery.
- Track record in managing external synthesis, ADME, and safety FTE's to enable the NexGen drugs.
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT™
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.