Fixed term, full-time opportunity available for 5 years, to commence in March 2022.This is a key leadership opportunity within the Division of Academic and Student Engagement (DASE).
The Director Education Quality works in close collaboration with the DASE leadership team, and leads the Teaching Excellence, Education Performance and Evaluation and Educational Standards and Compliance teams. This exciting opportunity also provides high-level strategic advice and support to the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Student Learning) in the planning and coordination of strategic initiatives focused on learning and teaching quality and outcomes.To be successful you will need:
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
- Substantial experience in leading and managing a high performing and productive team in a higher education context, including effective budget and resource management.
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into realisable and measurable implementation initiatives and motivate direct reports to deliver outcomes.
- Advanced understanding of strategic and policy issues and trends in the Australian Higher Education sector, as well as professional practices relating to quality assurance and quality enhancement of educational provision, with a particular focus on building a culture of quality and excellence.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills, including expertise in resolving high level strategic problems and challenges and the ability to be innovative and creative in identifying solutions.
- Proven record of establishing and building effective networks and maintaining productive, collaborative and consultative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and leading teams to achieve change and positive outcomes.
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you a vast scope and opportunity for a fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. Our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity consistent with our Staff Values and Behaviour Framework and our values of integrity, respect, collegiality, excellence and discovery. We firmly believe that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills, knowledge and capability of all our staff.
We embrace flexibility as a key principle to allow our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal and family life. Flexible working arrangements are on offer for all roles at the University.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities. If you have the talent, we'll give you the opportunity. Together, let's make history.
Click on the 'Apply Now' button to be taken through to the online application form. Please ensure you submit a cover letter, resume, and upload a document that includes your responses to all of the selection criteria for the position as contained in the position description or selection criteria document.
Applications close 11:55pm, 29 November 2021.
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.