DescriptionSeasonal Registered Nurse Emergency Department AdventHealth Dade CityLocation Address:
13100 Fort King Rd, Dade City, FL 33525 Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
- $55/hr. plus shift differential!
- Only hospital in East and Central Pasco to earn Accreditation in Atrial Fibrillation in 2018 by the American College of Cardiology
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment in 2019 by Healthgrades
- Earned Get With the Guidelines Stroke Silver Plus TS Quality Achievement Award 2018 by American Heart/Stroke Association
Full Time Nights (13 week contract) You Will Be Responsible For:
- Utilize the nursing process to provide quality care to the patient.
- Identifies and initiates patient care requirements in collaboration with triage, nursing assessment and physician order(s).
- Establish a personal rapport with patients and other persons involved in understanding the care requirements.
- Provide a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient independence by establishing patient care goals and includes education to the patient, friends, and family that will support health promotion.
- Assures quality of care by: adhering to patient care standards, compliance with core measures as measured by the organization, measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards adherence to care standards set forth by the state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing body/agency regulations.
- Resolves patient concerns by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by ascertaining all aspects of patient care.
- Protect the health of patients, families, and employees by adhering to all infection-control policies.
- Initiates protocols and administers medication in accordance with regulations as indicated by the organization.
- Completes documentation per organizational and/or department specific policy.
- Ensure the safe and efficient use of equipment; troubleshooting malfunctions and following procedures for repair.
QualificationsWhat You Will Need:
- ADN, Diploma
- Complete arrhythmia test or course within ninety days
- Current Florida State Registered Nurse licensure
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification
- Current or completion of NIHSS stroke certification within thirty days
The Clinical Registered Nurse (RN) is accountable for coordinating the efforts of the multidisciplinary treatment team for the patients under his/her care. The RN is accountable for administering, supervising, coordinating, and evaluating the nursing process in the provision of care; and will strive to maintain and improve patient outcomes.
The RN is responsible for acting as a role model for the mission and patient promise of AdventHealth Zephyrhills. S/he is accountable for working within the parameters of the Florida Nurse Practice Act, regulatory standards, established policies, protocols and procedures; and utilizes other pertinent references as guidelines for clinical practice. S/he critically evaluates evidence for application to clinical practice in his / her area of practice.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.