Job DescriptionPosition summary:
A rapidly growing startup in genetic navigation is seeking a talented and highly motivated molecular biologist to establish advanced molecular and cell-based assays for genomic medicine development programs and early neurobiology research targets. Strong candidates will be detail-oriented, eager to learn, and take pride in performing careful work. The researcher will play an important role within the neuroscience team while closely collaborating with early research scientists. As part of an integrated small biotech, this position may contribute toward interdisciplinary efforts across multiple functions.Responsibilities:
- Perform tissue culture procedures to support ongoing iPSC differentiations into various lineages (i.e., neuronal, cardiac, renal)
- Analyze cell cultures using a wide range of molecular and cell biology assays (e.g. ELISA, q-PCR, single cell RNA seq, flow cytometry, and high content imaging.)
- Work alongside Functional Genomics team to generate CRISPR engineered hiPSCs and optimize hiPSC CRISPR screens.
- Maintain excellent lab record keeping as a support member to all stem cell projects
- You will proactively support the development of assay strategies and engage with members of the team in experimental design, troubleshooting, sample analysis, data interpretation, and report generation
- B.S. with 2+ years of relevant experience or M.S. in relevant discipline and relevant laboratory experience
- Strong tissue culture skills and a thorough understanding of biological procedures is essential.
- Experience in a drug discovery environment is preferred but not required
- Experience and expertise with mammalian cell culture is required. Additional experience with iPSCS and CRISPR cell line engineering is preferred
- Experience with development and optimization of cell-based and biochemical assays using a variety of readout technologies (eg. Imaging, FACS, ELISA, qPCR, etc.) is preferred