At Alamar Biosciences, were on a mission to transform the field of proteomics for the early detection of cancer and other diseases. We are creating the worlds most sensitive proteomics platform to unmask the deepest secrets of our proteome. Our fully automated, high throughput platform will empower new biomarker discoveries for early detection and prevention of common diseases. We provide exceptional opportunities for those who have the entrepreneurial spirit, enjoy developing novel technologies and products, and aspire to grow together with the company.
We are seeking a Bioinformatics Scientist, with a passion for innovation to join our bioinformatics team to augment our novel biomarker detection and quantitation capability. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, on multiple projects, and will be a part of a rapidly growing company to make a big impact in life science research and early disease diagnosis.
Primary Responsibilities include:
* Develop algorithms and methods for biomarker discovery
* Mine public and internal datasets to identify and prioritize novel biomarkers
* Perform statistical and bioinformatics analysis to support research scientists and product development
* Contribute to development of Alamar's platform technologies (NULISA & Attobodies)
* Support external research collaborations and customers
* PhD or Master with 3+ years or Bachelor with 6+ years of working experience in bioinformatics, biostatistics, computational biology, computer science or related disciplines
* Hands-on experience in the design and application of algorithms and methods for mining large heterogenous datasets, normalization of biological data, hypothesis testing and pathway analysis
* Hands-on experience in multivariate statistical analysis and machine learning algorithms
* Expert-level fluency in at least one of python, R or perl
* Demonstrated productivity, scientific independence and strong problem-solving skills
* Self-motivation with a positive can do attitude, attention to details and ability to manage complex projects are critical.
* Strong communication skills to work within a multidisciplinary team environment required.
* Working knowledge of R, bash, Bioconductor, Shiny, Git, Docker
* Familiarity with protein databases such as Uniprot, Human Protein Atlas and gene expression and transcriptomic databases such as GEO and SRA.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package, including daily lunch, health, dental, vision, life insurance, a flexible spending plan, paid vacation, stock options and a 401(k) plan.
Alamar Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer.