At Uncommon Schools the Dean of Students partners with the Principal and Director of Operations to create a school culture where students are actively engaged in academics and excited to come to school. Our schools are a place where students enjoy learning and engage respectfully with their peers, teachers and community. Our Deans build strong relationships and a positive school culture to ensure that all students embody the schools values and stay focused on their journey to and through college. The Dean will also lead initiatives around school culture, our college preparatory focus, culturally responsive teaching, and student and family engagement.
* Youll work closely with the Principal and Director of Operations to establish a positive, achievement-oriented, and culturally responsive school culture.
* Youll demonstrate mastery of our instructional taxonomy to model behavior management best practices for teachers.
* Youll support teachers in empowering students to meet their full academic and personal potential.
* Youll navigate behavioral crisis-intervention and acute behavioral issues, and youll manage the school-wide behavior plan utilizing culturally responsive techniques.
* Youll collaborate with teachers, students, and families to create and implement individual behavior plans.
* Youll manage systems that support school initiatives that lead to academic success for our students (ex. attendance systems, homework systems).
* Youll be highly present and visible during school hours, constantly ensuring the school has an inclusive and joyful school culture.
* Youll model the schools values and the standard for academic and personal excellence.