At Alamar Biosciences, were on a mission to transform the field of proteomics for the early detection of cancer and other diseases. We are creating the worlds most sensitive proteomics platform to unmask the deepest secrets of our proteome. Our fully automated, high throughput platform will empower new biomarker discoveries for early detection and prevention of common diseases. We provide exceptional opportunities for those who have the entrepreneurial spirit, enjoy developing novel technologies and products, and aspire to grow together with the company.
We are seeking a Senior Scientist/Group Leader - Reagent Product Development, with a focus on reagent development. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, on multiple projects, and will be a part of a rapidly growing company to make a big impact in life science research and early disease diagnosis.
Primary Responsibilities include:
* Design, execute and analyze experiments to characterize the performance of assay reagents
* Optimize reagent master mix formulations, including reagent lyophilization
* Perform reagent robustness and stability studies
* Develop QC test methods for assay reagents and manufactured products
* Support the reagent/instrument integration, including process engineering studies
* Characterize prototype NULISA system performance to support commercial launch
* Prepare summaries, internal reports, presentations, manuscripts
* Coach and mentor junior scientists and research associates.
* Perform other duties and assumes additional departmental responsibilities as required
* Ph.D. degree in Molecular Biology or a related field with 2+ years
* Expertise in molecular assay design and development, reagent storage stability studies, designing and validating QC test methods, and setting product, process, and material specifications
* Solid conceptual framework and hands-on experience in molecular biology methodology development, including PCR, Taqman qPCR and next-gen sequencing (NGS)
* Experience in IVD product development with ELISA immunoassay is a plus
* Proficient technical writing skills and excellent documentation skills for experimental work and data analysis
* Working knowledge of statistical analysis
* Experience in Industry, preferably having developed and transferred products to a manufacturing setting
We offer a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package, including daily lunch, health, dental, vision, life insurance, a flexible spending plan, paid vacation, stock options and a 401(k) plan.
Alamar Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer.