Job DescriptionPreschool Instructor (Part-time)
$ 14.50 - $16.00/hour
Negotiable within range-based on qualifications
This position works as the Lead Preschool Instructor at the Rainbow Preschool located inside the Troy Community Center. Preschool Instructors develop the social and communication skills of children and provide a safe and secure environment in which the child can learn. They build and maintain relationships with parents/guardians to further support the students. Preschool Instructors record observations and summarize the children's achievements. They focus on optimum child development and preparation for a successful transition to primary school education. DUTIES
- Plan and implement curriculum for preschool students (3 5 years old).
- Coordinate supplies needed for programs.
- Attend to children's basic needs.
- Assure a healthy, safe, clean, and developmentally appropriate environment for children.
- Read to children, teach basic educational concepts, establish and enforce rules for behavior. Create and update learning portfolios for each child.
- Observe and evaluate children's performance, behavior, and social development.
- Regularly communicate with students, parents, the Preschool Coordinator and other staff.
- Attend required staff meetings and professional development opportunities.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Must meet one of the following qualifications of a lead caregiver as stated by State of Michigan Licensing Rules:
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Early Child Education, Child Development or a child-related field
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development.
- Montessori Credential with 480 hours experience.
- Child Development Associate Credential with 480 hours experience.
- High School Diploma/GED with 12 semester hours in child-related field and 960 hours experience.
- High School Diploma/GED with a combination of 12 semester hours in child-related field and/or 18 CEUs, or 1920 hours experience.
- Applicants must submit proof of degree and/or official transcript showing degree, credential or hours verifying educational attainment.
- Must be CPR and First Aid Certified within 90 days of hire.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and implement educational activities.
- Good communication, problem solving, and priority setting skills as well as maintaining an overall positive and professional attitude.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite to create lesson plans.
- Able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to manage confidential information.
- As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen (including marijuana) and be found eligible through a federal law that requires a comprehensive background check that is completed through fingerprinting.
- CPR and First Aid Certified at time of application
Approximately 24 hours per week September - May. Work times vary between 8:30 AM 3:30 PM Monday Friday. Limited summer hours July - August.APPLY
Applications are available online at www.troymi.gov/jobopenings.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The City of Troy is committed to providing equal opportunity employment to all applicants. The City of Troy will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, religion, color, sex, height, weight, marital status, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal and state law. Job Posted by ApplicantPro