We are currently searching for a Biologist to provide support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the Molecular Neurobiology Section (MNS) in the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. The primary objective is to provide services and deliverables through performance of support services. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct research consistent with research goals of the Molecular Neurobiology Section which includes tissue culture, plasmid DNA cloning, quantitative PCR, RNA isolation and immunohistochemistry.
- Provide general lab maintenance of lab equipment and reagents, operate, and routinely maintain specialized laboratory equipment, maintain a clean and organized laboratory working environment, procure laboratory supplies, reagents, and equipment.
- Analyze gene expression using a variety of cellular and molecular methodologies and assays including Plasmid DNA cloning, tissue culture, Ultracentrifugation, RNA Isolation, Quantitative PCR qPCR, RNA sequencing library construction, histology immunohistochemistry, and RNA FISH.
- Work products and documents related to design and conduct of research procedures.
- Provide general lab maintenance of lab equipment and reagents.
- Performs simple surgeries on animals.
- Performs plasmid DNA cloning.
- Perform experiments with primary tissues and cells in culture, utilizing sterile techniques.
- Perform genomic DNA preparation, genotyping and other analyses of animal tissues using DNA extraction and PCR.
- Carry out molecular biological experiments, including extracting genomic DNA, performing PCR and gel electrophoresis, cloning DNA fragments and preparing plasmid DNA, generating high quality RNA using in vitro transcription
- Perform standard molecular biology techniques, including, but not limited to, cloning, in situ hybridization and qPCR
- Work under BSL1 and BSL2 level.
- Perform apoptosis assays, qt-PCR, Western blotting, immunohistochemistry, and molecular cloning techniques.
- Work with staff to process tissue for immunohistochemistry.
- Perform molecular biology and cloning techniques, tissue histochemistry, and immunohistochemistry.
- Maintain a daily notebook that includes accurate, detailed records of laboratory experiments.
- Selects, devises, plans, and executes the most appropriate experiments for analysis and interpretation of data, for developing strategies, for pursuing significant observances, and for ensuring accuracy of data.
- Compile with laboratory safety procedures and regulatory policies to ensure a safe laboratory environment.
- Perform experiments in accordance with protocols and complete annual laboratory safety training.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology. Molecular Biology or related field
- At least 8 years of experience
Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at time of hire.
- Experience in a combination of two or more of the following: tissue culture, plasmid DNA cloning, quantitative PCR, RNA isolation, and immunohistochemistry
- Knowledge of proper laboratory disposal methods and safety procedures
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation. Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
- Job ID: 2021-11296
- # of Openings: 1
- Job Location(s): US-MD-Bethesda
- Posted Date: 1 month ago(12/16/2021 12:59 PM)
- Category: Science, Research & Regulatory