We have an excellent opportunity for someone to join our Cell-based Immunology Team in Greenfiled, IN!
Lapcorp Drug Development's work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has an incredible impact on millions of lives worldwide. Be a part of this life-saving work and help improve patients' lives while growing your career.
Labcorp Drug Development is a global, world-leading Life Sciences Contract Research Organization that provides dedicated and fully comprehensive laboratory testing and drug development services to the pharmaceutical industry.At Labcorp Drug Development, we offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. We put our trust in science and in one another. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring medicine to market sooner, as Labcorp Drug Development has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescriptions medicines in the market today. Education/Qualifications:
- Independently analyze samples to determine relative potency and/or validate methodologies using cell based bioassays or ELISAs for various compounds and components in compliance with appropriate SOPs and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Troubleshoot ELISA and cell based bioassays with general guidance.
- Document work and maintain study documentation and laboratory records.
- Recognizes deviations from expected results and takes appropriate action.
- Suggests and performs modifications to test methods or procedures where precedence exists.
- Identifies and takes appropriate action with problems or potential problems in technical area of responsibility.
- Set-up, maintain, operate and perform routine and non-routine maintenance on general equipment including problem identification and resolution.
- Support the implementation of startup priorities, systems and SOPs for the biotechnology group.
- Serve as primary analyst on projects requiring ELISA or cell based potency assay execution with some general supervision.
- Provide input and participate in project meetings.
- Plan, monitor and guide project work.
- BS/BA degree in science or related field; experience may be substituted for education
- This is a hands on position working within the laboratory primarily executing ELISA and cell based bioassays (and other assays as needed such as binding affinity, flow cytometry, endotoxin, host cell proteins, etc.) to determine relative potency of numerous products for a vast array of different clients
- Strong ability to learn is required
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- 3-5 years of experience in the biotechnology, biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical industry
- 3-4 years of scientific experience relevant to the technical area of responsibility (ELISAs and Cell Based Bioassays)
- Broad based technical experience and demonstrated ability to learn is required
- Experience with equipment and analysis related to technical area of responsibility is required
- Experience in a high throughput regulated environment strongly preferred
- GMP compliance experience helpful
- Experience with laboratory-related computer systems is required