Research Associate - Biochemical AssaysJob Description:
Reaction Biology (RB) is a private pharmaceutical research company. We provide contract research services to over 1500 clients worldwide through our labs in Malvern, PA and Freiburg, Germany. We are currently seeking a Research Associate for our Malvern, PA facility. We are looking for a reliable and motivated individual with a strong science background to work in our lab.
The position is a bench position with the primary duty of executing a variety of biochemical and cell-based assays.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute a variety of biochemical and/or cell-based assays independently or with other team members as instructed
- Screen and characterize small molecule compounds supplied by clients
- Troubleshoot procedures and assays as issues arise during the course of an experiment
- Maintain laboratory space, equipment, and inventory in an appropriate and professional manner
- Maintain and further develop new and existing scientific relationships with our clientele by helping to provide a consultative experience
- Be attentive to detail, proactively plan, and organize and carry out tasks in an accurate and timely fashion
- Work with senior scientists on assay development projects
- Work on other tasks as directed by management
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a scientific discipline with 0-2 years of experience
- Previous experience with biochemical and/or cell-based lab processes is highly desired
- Scientific and technical background in drug discovery with demonstrated proficiency in small molecule screening is desired
- Attention to detail and organization skills are critical
- Collaborative and proactive attitude with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility to accommodate rapidly changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
Finally, all employees are obligated to meet the highest standards with respect to honesty, accuracy in lab assignments, conflict of interest, intellectual property rights, confidentiality, and respect for information sources and work colleagues.
Benefits at RB include health insurance, 401-K plan, student loan benefit, and paid vacations. RB is an equal opportunity employer.