JOB TITLE: Imaging Center Registered NurseDEPARTMENT:
ImagingGENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Provides professional nursing care for Imaging Center patients following established standards and practices.SUPERVISION RECEIVED:
Reports to Imaging Services ManagerSUPERVISION EXERCISED:
NoneTYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range with reasonable accommodations. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs general nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards.2. Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
- Observes, records and reports patient's condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians.
- Oversees appointment bookings and ensures priority is given to patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of patients.
- Greets patients and prepares them for physician examination. Screens patients for appropriate information. .
- Arranges for patient testing and admissions.
- Respond to incoming telephone calls within 24 hours.
- Educate patient and family regarding medications & procedures, and document accordingly.
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and other pertinent information. Charts test results, phone calls, & patient education in accordance with nursing standards.
- Maintains exam rooms for necessary supplies and materials. Ensures cleanliness. Prepares list of medical supplies needed.
- Participates in orientation and training programs
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Refill medications according to AHI's policy & procedures
17. After appropriate training, will actively participate in the following clinic testing:
- Cardiac CT Scanning and/or cardiac CT Angiograms
- Stress tests
- Bubble studies
- Dobutamine stress echos
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice to give and evaluate patient care.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care.
- Skill in identifying problems and recommending solutions.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports and responding to correspondence.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task; perform tasks within time frames assigned.
- Demonstrate schedule flexibility; adjust to shifting priorities; stay organized in a changing environment; stay focused during stressful or difficult situations; exhibit comfort with ambiguity.
Minimum: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.Experience:
Required: Two years experience in critical care nursing/ emergency nursing and/or two years experience in cardiovascular, interventional radiology and/or electrophysiology.Certificate/License:
Possession of a current Alaska State Registered Nurse license, current CPR certification, and current ACLS certification required.INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION REQUIREMENTS
:Commitment to the Alaska Heart and Vascular Institute LLC standard for interaction with patients, visitors, physician offices, hospitals or agencies and coworkers is required. Employees of Alaska Heart Institute LLC will maintain a consistent standard of interaction with others as follows:
- Demonstrates a professional, helpful and friendly attitude, which is directed toward and focused on providing quality patient care and satisfaction in a cooperative manner.
- Maintains a professional and pleasant demeanor and appearance, which is reflective of a positive representation of the Alaska Heart Institute, LLC.