Job DescriptionCompany Description
Uncommon Schools is a nonprofit network of high-performing charter public schools that are closing the academic achievement gap and preparing students from historically underserved communities for success in college and beyond. Uncommon currently manages 55 schools serving more than 20,000 students in six cities: Boston, Camden, New York City, Newark, Rochester, and Troy. Uncommon graduates persist in and graduate from college at rates far higher than their peers. We believe that every child deserves an outstanding education, and we are committed to working beyond the walls of our schools to achieve that goal through our professional development workshops, books, and district partnerships.
- Support Covid-19 screening, quarantining, tracking of data
- Perform hearing, vision and other health screenings
- Treat students and staff as needed
- Develop care plans for students with ongoing conditions
- Consult with teachers, school administrators and other school staff regarding student care
- Administer medication
- Monitor student immunization records
- Educate students and staff on health procedures
- Help students who have feeding disabilities
- NYS Fingerprint Clearance
- Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Knowledge of many areas of health including mental health
- Ability to work independently or with others
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Ability to assess situations and act quickly
- BLS/CPR certification
- Knowledge of state health regulations
- Ability to multitask
- Knowledge of school laws and policies a plus
Uncommon Schools offer salaries commensurate with experience and a very generous benefits and vacation package. All staff members receive extensive professional development, and are equipped with a laptop computer and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for meaningful dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.