As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you'll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world's toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer. Location/Division Specific Information
Carlsbad- Biosciences Division (BID)
Discover Impactful Work: You will be part of a team performing all tasks related to microbial/yeast fermentation. You will work in a clean, controlled manufacturing facility under GMP conditions using large scale fermentation equipment. A day in the Life:
- Manufacture in a lab setting following standard operating procedures. Will utilize basic laboratory techniques, calculations, materials measurement, operation of laboratory equipment and record keeping necessary to manufacture products in a GMP environment.
- Required to set-up, operate and clean large scale bioreactors and cell harvesting equipment.
- Perform media and buffer preparation.
- Responsible for Batch Data Records, notebooks (if required) and work order documents.
- Utilize specialized technical knowledge and skills to make detailed observations and analyze data to ensure within operating parameters. Advise manager of factors that may affect quality of product.
- Maintain equipment, product inventories and related records as assigned.
- Complete, distribute and file records as required in accordance with Document Control Practices under GMP conditions.
- Align with all company safety regulations and procedures and report non-compliance.
- Serve as an effective safety steward by ensuring accurate reporting of near misses and attending safety trainings.
- Maintain knowledge of SDSs for relevant products/materials.
- Operate a safe work environment through continuous safety awareness and full compliance to all EH&S programs and activities.
- Identify potential issues in a process and report findings to team management.
- Identify needed changes to technical documents which include standard operating procedures and manufacturing batch records.
Keys to Success: Education
- Bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or other related field.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 1+ year experience in the application of cellular or microbiology laboratory techniques in a manufacturing environment or R&D laboratory preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the basic use of fermentation laboratory techniques, equipment and materials preferred.
- Experience with single use technology is a plus.
- Experience with ISO 9001 and Pharmaceutical GMP is a plus.
- Consistent, dependable and accurate in carrying out responsibilities
- Displays positive attitude toward job and others
- Follows and provides direction accurately and efficiently
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Results oriented and data driven
- Demonstrated ability to carry out scientific procedures
- Basic theoretical understanding of microbiology methods
- Proactive approach that anticipates needs and problems
- Strong collaborative skills
- Working knowledge of manufacturing related computer software preferred
- Intermediate Excel skills
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one team of 90,000 colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued. Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. Accessibility/Disability Access
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.