Research Associate - Cell BiologyJob Description:
Reaction Biology (RB), is a private pharmaceutical research company. We provide contract research services to over 1500 clients worldwide through our labs in Malvern, PA and Freiburg, Germany. We are currently seeking a Research Associate for our Malvern, PA facility. We are looking for a reliable and motivated individual with a strong science background to work in our cell biology group.
The position is a bench position with the primary duty of executing a variety of cell based assays.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in a cell-based laboratory, and plan and execute research service projects in an accurate, reproducible, and timely manner.
- Maintenance of cell lines and cell cultures.
- Evaluate small molecule compounds in multiple cell-based assays, such as cell viability and proliferation, apoptosis, toxicity, and NanoBRET target engagement cellular kinase assays, will analyze data, and will write reports.
- Conduct high quality bench experiments in accordance with RBC policies and SOPs.
- Troubleshoot various procedures and assays as issues arise during the course of an experiment.
- Maintain laboratory space, equipment, and inventory in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Work on other tasks as directed by management.
- BS or MS in biological sciences with at least 1 year cell culture experience.
- Experience in an industrial and academic environment is preferred.
- Experience with cellular assays in cancer cell lines is essential.
- Experience with compound screening is a plus.
- The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, detail oriented scientist with a high degree of scientific integrity.
- The candidate is expected to be able to work independently with minimal supervision in a team-orientated environment, and have excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
Finally, all employees are obligated to meet the highest standards with respect to honesty, accuracy, conflict of interest, intellectual property rights, confidentiality, and respect for information sources and readers.
Benefits at RB include health insurance, 401-K plan, student loan benefit, and paid vacations. RB is an equal opportunity employer.