Carrington College faculty are engaged, accountable, innovative, change-ready professionals dedicated to their students and to the College Mission. Carrington College faculty are proficient in all learning modalities applicable to the program in which they teach. Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of some of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and requirements
- Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret materials related to area of expertise; ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from students, employees and members of the business
community; ability to effectively present information to students, employees, and the business community.
- Mathematical Skills
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and all software programs related to courses to be taught.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations - Faculty must have required certificates, licenses and registrations required for the course(s) they are to teach.
- Baccalaureate degree from an approved school; or a valid teaching
credential; or have completed a minimum of one year full- time teaching experience in a state approved registered nursing or vocational or practical nursing, or psychiatric technician school within the last five years; or met community college or state university teaching requirements in California
- Minimum of 2 years experience as licensed RN or VN within the past 5 years
- Current CA license as an RN or LVN Each vocational nursing program shall have one faculty member, designated as director
- CPR/BLS Certified