Job DescriptionAcademic Radiologist Neuroradiology Imaging
The University of Missouris School of Medicine,Department of Radiology, chaired by Dr. Talissa Altes, is searching for a fellowship-trained Neuroradiologist to join our team. Our seasoned team creates an excellent opportunity for experienced candidates, as well as those just getting started, post-fellowship.About MU Neuroradiology Imaging
The University of Missouri Neuroradiology Imaging radiologists work in collaboration with three specialists from Interventional Neuroradiology. We have a strong working relationship with the Departments of Neurosurgery, Head and Neck Surgery, and Neurology, which provides a stimulating atmosphere through daily interactions during readout sessions and clinical conferences. In addition, we accept one fellow each year in our Neuroradiology fellowship program.Details:
- Number of available positions: 1
- Join a department of 26 radiologists, 4 of which specialize in Neuroradiology Imaging
- Responsibilities are:
- ~80% clinical
- ~5% Teaching/education
- ~15% Administration
- Equipment is state-of-the-art and includes (2) 3T Siemens MRI scanners, (3) 1.5T Siemens MRI scanners and 1.5 and 3T GE MRI Scanners. Additional 3T and 7T Siemens MRI scanners are opening in October 2021 at our new NextGen Precision Health imaging facility.
- We offer opportunities to assist in the department's growth, the education of students, residents, and fellows across eight radiology fellowship programs,including a Neuroradiology Imaging fellowship, as well as research and scholarly activities.
- All ranks available; commensurate with experience
- Non-tenure track, although routes for tenure track faculty members are available for those with proven excellence in teaching and research.
- Board-certified or board-eligible in radiology and fellowship-trained in Neuroradiology Imaging.
- For the purposes of this application, board-certified/board-eligible physicians are considered experienced.
MU is a level 1 Trauma center serving a wide catchment area in central Missouri. Approximately 300,000 exams are performed each year serving the University Hospital & Clinics, Ellis Fischel Cancer Center, and Womens & Childrens Hospital, and an imaging center.
The University of Missouri, located in Columbia, has an average enrollment of 35,000 students and is Missouri's largest public research university. Mizzou is also the flagship campus of the four-campus University of Missouri System and one of only five universities nationwide with law, medicine, veterinary medicine, and a nuclear research reactor on one campus. A member of the prestigious Association of American Universities since 1908, Mizzou is considered one of the nation's top-tier institutions.
With a population of about 125,000, Columbia is rated by Forbes magazine as the fifth best small city for business and careers in America. In addition, it is consistently rated a top place to live by Money Magazine, boasting a low cost of living, a vibrant community, and nationally renowned public schools. Columbia is an ideal college town that combines small-town comforts, and community spirit, with big-city culture, activities, and resources. Our community is energetic and engaged, packed with restaurants and entertainment venues, and hosts more than a dozenannual cultural festivals.Benefit Eligibility
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefit
package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website atU.M. System Total Rewards BenefitsDiversity Commitment
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff, and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery, and excellence.
To request ADA accommodations, please call Human Resource Services at 573-882-7976. TTY users, please contact Relay Missouri, 1-800-RELAY (735-2966) or en Espaol at 1-800-520-7309.Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations, or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice-Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), please use the following links:
- EEO is the LawEnglish Version
- EEO is the LawSpanish Version
- EEO is the LawChinese Version
YourMembership. Keywords: Neuroradiologist, Location: Columbia, MO - 65212