Join our team as,
Training And Education Center - NVC PT Program
NURSE INSTRUCTOR at DSH-Napa!Job Description and Duties:
- The Department of State Hospitals-Napa is accepting applications for a fulltime, permanent Nurse Instructor. Duties will include teaching in a Psychiatric Technician (PT) program for Napa Valley College as well as teaching for DSH-Napa's Training and Education Center providing instruction to all disciplines in classrooms and on units for new employees and annual mandated training when PT programs are not in session.
- Instructors need to be flexible with their teaching schedule (morning and evenings) and be comfortable working in a variety of settings throughout the hospital and clinical sites, as determined by operational needs.
- Applicants whose eligibility for this position is based on successful completion of an online exam and are reachable on the Nurse Instructor Certification List or those relying on lateral transfer must provide with their application all documents necessary to substantiate that they meet the minimum qualifications as identified in the exam announcement and/or classification specification. Employees who have SROA or Surplus status eligibility will be considered first.
- Failure to include necessary documents or INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Applications will be screened and only the most competitive candidates will be invited for an interview. This advertisement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Position will be filled based upon budget approval.
All interested qualified applicants that meet the recruitment criteria should submit Form STD 678 Employment Application electronically through your CalCareers account, by mail (emailed or faxed applications will not be accepted) or hand delivered to the Human Resources - Exam/Hiring Unit located in R-Ward by 5:00 PM, Friday, July 30, 2021
the final filing date.
To ensure that your application will be considered for this recruitment the following items are required:
- You must complete the STD 678 EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION in its entirety. Include "NURSE INSTRUCTOR, JC-257193" in the "JOB TITLE(S)" section of the application.
- Duties Performed and Supervisor's name and Contact information must be completed on the STD 678 -Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of information provided on the STD. 678
- Any Foreign transcripts must be evaluated and submitted with application STD. 678
- Education required to meet the minimum qualifications will require proof of degree and a copy of the transcript provided by appointment date.
- You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
- ***Copy and Paste the Link to learn more details and How to Apply:
Job Posting: Training And Education Center - NVC PT Program
Department of State Hospitals - Napa
JC-257193 - Training And Education Center - NVC PT Program
Monthly salary range: $8,092.00 - $10,131.00 per MonthFinal Filing Date: 7/30/2021
The position requires a current CA Registered Nurse License. You will be required to provide a copy of your license prior to being hired.Must possess the minimum qualifications from the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians.If you are on the CLASSIFICATION list and meet the qualifications based on your education, you must provide Education Documentation (Transcripts, Diploma) along with your application to be considered for this position.Application Methods:
- The position(s) require(s) a Background Investigation be cleared prior to being hired.
- The position(s) require(s) Medical Clearance prior to being hired.
Electronic (Using your CalCareer Account)
Please direct requests for Reasonable Accommodations to the interview scheduler at the time the interview is being scheduled. You may direct any additional questions regarding Reasonable Accommodations or Equal Employment Opportunity for this position(s) to the Department's EEO Office.Please reach out to me and I can assist you with your application today! If interested, please call (916) 654-2609 or email the Recruitment Unit at: Careers@dsh.ca.gov
You can also reach out to me directly at:Krystle Lei Thornton
Statewide Recruitment & Advertising Specialist