Job Overview:Play a pivotal role in the drug development process and grow your career!
If you are looking for a company where you can gain exposure to a wide variety of science and explore a multitude of career paths across the drug development spectrum, consider working at Covance by labcorp as a Discovery LC-MS Technical Lead- Method Development Scientist
in our Bioanalytical
group. In this role, you will undertake original research which includes developing and confirming highly sensitive and reliable assay methodologies for the rapid and accurate analysis of pharmaceuticals in biological fluids and tissues as you:
Why Staff Scientists choose to work at Lapcorp Drug Development?
- Authority on a variety of analytical techniques and methodologies.
- Proven technical resource for the group and leads method troubleshooting and training of staff with extraction techniques and LC/MS analysis.
- Participates in or leads the development of analytical methods for validation assays using a variety of analytical techniques for multidisciplined studies to generate results, solve problems, and interpret data of a scientific nature.
- Applies and interprets scientific theories, concepts, techniques, and regulatory requirements in bioanalytical and mass spectrometry studies and helps to develop scientific approaches.
- Responds to unscheduled deadlines, client needs, crises, etc. without neglecting other duties.
- Independently sets up, maintains, operates and performs routine and non-routine maintenance on general equipment, including problem identification and resolution.
- Manages and drives the evaluation of new equipment.
- Promotes a cohesive team environment.
- Effectively interacts with internal/external clients, as needed.*
- Evaluates data for incorporation into external reports.
- Contributes to long-range planning and technical policies of the department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position is based out of our Madison, WI location. Relocation assistance is available. Education/Qualifications:
- Make a direct impact in the lives of patients
- Access to a variety of studies and top notch laboratory instrumentation
- Partner with and learn from supportive colleagues and industry leaders
- Open up new opportunities for career growth related to scientific and regulatory leadership
- BS/BA degree in science plus at least 5-7 years of previous laboratory experience. Relevant experience may be substituted for education. .
- Effective communication (verbal and written), presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of troubleshooting HPLC and LC/MS/MS technologies.
- Knowledge of automation technologies.
- Basic knowledge of computers and software programs.
- Familiar with the use of standard laboratory equipment.