Play a pivotal role in the drug development process and grow your career!
If you are looking for a company where you can gain exposure to a wide variety of science and explore a multitude of career paths across the drug development spectrum, consider working at Covance by Labcrop as a Lead Scientist (Principal Investigator) in our Discovery, non-GLP Bioanalytical group.
Essential Job Duties:
* Serves as the scientific point of contact for the client
* Able to manage/supervise chemists
* Able to lead and direct scientific work to support external methods and projects.
* Ensures client programs meet Covance and client requirements.
* Reviews data with the method development team to ensure methods are ready for non-GLP qualification.
* Approves qualified methods and independently reviews and approves raw data.
* Serves as a SD, RS, CS, LS, or PI for non-regulated, and GCP-regulated studies as applicable.
* Effectively evaluates data and tables to ensure SOP guidelines and client expectations are met.
* Reviews and approves reports for scientific accuracy and completeness.
* Provides technical support as needed.
* Assists with efforts to troubleshoot and solve assay problems.
* Recognizes the functions of different teams within Covance and seeks guidance when appropriate.
* Participates in scientific investigations.
* Approves data archival.
* Works with the client to determine project requirements.
* Gives scientific directives to the study team.
* Identifies scientific issues or scope changes within the study.
* Communicates and monitors scientific expectations with scientific staff and clients.
* Proactively identifies ways to increase client satisfaction.
* Promotes quality within the study team.
* Provides a technical resource for less experienced team members.
* Actively promotes collaboration within and across groups.
* Provides appropriate coaching and recognition to team members.
* Promotes a positive impression of Covance internally and within the industry.
* Able to plan, prioritize, and manage workload for large and complex projects.
* Demonstrated ability to manage high volume study work for key clients.
* Takes accountability and demonstrates responsibility regarding scientific study conduct.
* Good knowledge of client requirements.
* Manages time effectively.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Masters (MS) degree in science or related field
* Experience may be substituted for education
* 3-4 years of experience in the job discipline
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Proven ability to prioritize and manage time
* Excellent attention to detail
* Able to utilize word processing, database, spreadsheet, and specialized software
* Experience and skill with Watson, Nautilus, and Analyst preferred