Job Overview:IMPROVING HEALTH IMPROVING LIVES
We have a Staff Scientist
position open in our Immunology & Immunotoxicology(I&I) area at our site in Greenfield, IN. This is a senior-level position that provides scientific support to the I&I Innovation team, Study Direction, Management, Principal Investigators and Contributing Scientists. This role:
- Leads new technical capabilities for Immunology and Immunotoxicology (I&I) group, implements systems/processes, and trains technical personnel after development of the technology.
- Plans and leads I&I scientific discipline within the laboratory and specific scientific application for I&I assay development and validation studies.
- Monitors and maintains compliance with appropriate SOPs, GLPs, regulatory agency guidelines, and study-specific protocols.
- PhD preferred, or equivalent degree in immunology, immunotoxicology or related field, or Master's or Bachelor's degree in related discipline plus 8-10 years of experience. Experience may be substituted for education.
Patients can't wait. Neither can we.#LI-TC1 Education/Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge and experience of instrumentation such as ELISPOT, MSD, Luminex, ELISA plate readers
- Strong experience with EIA
- Knowledge of GLPs and regulatory agencies is required.
- Knowledge of computer validation process.
- Ability to interact effectively with all staff and management levels.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Strong English writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of laboratory automation software, system software, and Microsoft applications.
MSc, in a relevant Science discipline
Experience may be substituted for education.Experience:
6-10 years of relevant experience
Experience and knowledge of relevant instrumentation
Knowledge of computers and software programs.
Manage studies as required, to include scheduling work, data analysis and review
Some experience in performing scientific presentation and preparing scientific publications.
Prior experience in various I&I procedures, method development, and validation preferred.
Knowledge of GXP and regulatory agencies is required.
Ability to interact effectively with all staff and management levels.
* Problem solving and decision making skills.