Job DescriptionLet Us Invest in You
Carrington College has more than 50 years of experience hiring quality talent to train tomorrow's workforce. We are eager to meet high-quality, talented industry professionals. Your career can start with a company experienced in investing in people, talent, and growth. Become part of an exclusive team at one of our 17 locations or virtual environment. We look forward to meeting you and discovering your place in the Carrington College family.
All information provided to Carrington College in the application process shall be subject to our Employee Privacy Notice.
Status: Full Time
Do you remember the instructor who encouraged you to believe in yourself and in your ability to be the successful professional you are today? Now you have the unique opportunity to be that instructor and create the "a-ha" moment of sudden insight and comprehension that will change a student's life forever. The Nursing Instructor engages Carrington College students in a world-class learning experience as they prepare for a successful career. Your contribution to their education will be essential as you share your skills, knowledge and experience to empower our students with the information, tools and resources to be successful. Best of all, you will enjoy the tremendous personal and professional satisfaction that comes from building rewarding relationships with our students as they progress through their program. These opening are on campus, full time didactic roles. We also have Visiting Instructors and Clinical roles.
Education & Experience:
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Interacts effectively and professionally with students, staff, faculty, and external customers of Carrington College including Advisory Board members and externship and other off campus sites. - Exceptional customer focused skills.
- Ability to address student needs and resolve issues with diplomacy and tact.
- Interpersonal skills including questioning, listening and showing concern and respect for others.
- Solid writing skills to communicate effectively in memos, letters, and via email.
- Excellent verbal communication skills including ability to project voice and be clearly understood when speaking in front of a group.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess a high degree of integrity and commitment to comply with policies, regulations, and codes of conduct governing all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Commitment to the success of the students and the school.
- Computer literacy skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
RN Nursing Instructor Requirements - BA or BS Degree in content area required, MA or MS Degree preferred. 3 years teaching and/or professional experience must be in the major or subject area of the program. R.N. License active in California. Must demonstrate competency in the assigned teaching field, such as academic or vocational training and credentials, related work experience, licensure, or certification. Teaching and/or supervisory experience desirable.
Vocational Nursing - BA or BS Degree in content area required, or AS Degree plus 6 years. Must meet current VN teaching requirements and be Board approved. Three years minimum experience within the last 5 years teaching and/or professional experience must be in the major or subject area of the program. R.N. License active in California. Must demonstrate competency in the assigned teaching field, such as academic or vocational training and credentials, related work experience, licensure, or certification. Teaching and/or supervisory experience desirable.
Clinical Instruction Requirements: - Bachelor's Degree required for clinical instruction, Master's Degree for didactic instructions. Must have a current RN license. - Must demonstrate competency in the assigned teaching field. Teaching and/or supervisory experience desirable.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.