Job DescriptionLooking for a new job opportunity in a growing, international, and dynamic company?
Enzo Biochem is a pioneer in molecular diagnostics, leading the convergence of clinical laboratories, life sciences, and intellectual property through the development of unique diagnostic platform technologies that provide numerous advantages over previous standards. A global company, Enzo utilizes cross-functional teams to develop and deploy products systems and services that meet the ever-changing and rapidly growing needs of health care both today and into the future. Underpinning Enzo's products and technologies is a broad and deep intellectual property portfolio, with patent coverage across a number of key enabling technologies. Enzo has proprietary technologies and expertise in manipulating and modifying genetic material and other biological molecules. Through three wholly-owned subsidiaries (Enzo Therapeutics, Enzo Life Sciences, Enzo Clinical Labs), Enzo targets its technology toward satisfying specific market needs.About the Role
As part of the translation team, this position will share matrixed responsibilities with team members to meet department goals. The Research Associate developing new molecular assays for the detection of infectious diseases. The Scientist will be also in charge of the process of translation of the assays into automation.Activities:
- Develop and validate immunoassay kits, to include experimental design, assessing product manufacturability, optimizing product stability, and ensuring adequate supply of critical raw materials.
- Collaborate with team members concerning product development, quality, and resource allocation.
- Test raw materials, in-process reagents, and finished products; analyze and monitor product stabilities.
- Prepare all kit reagents for development processes.
- Build efficiencies into work processes to streamline new product development and ensure smooth transition from development into production.
- Help produce all necessary documentation to take kits from development to manufacturing, including product specification sheets and kit inserts.
- Lead project teams for assigned products, including allocating resources, troubleshooting, and managing to deadlines.
- Diagnostic testing on patient samples to aid physicians in the diagnosis and/or monitoring of various disease states.
- Analyze tests results for accuracy, acceptability, and critical limits.
- Maintain complete, neat, and accurate electronic lab notebooks and other records.
- Maintain work area, equipment, and supplies.
- Participate in external scientific meetings and collaborate with academic and industrial scientists, as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education: Bachelor's; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: 2+ years of related scientific experience.
Skills: Proven track record of technology development. Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong documentation skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and be flexible in responding to changing demands. Must be innovative. Proven ability to work in a team environment and lead project teams. Computer proficiency required.
Please send your application including your salary expectations directly to Human Resources (Ccottier@enzo.com). If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.