Does the brain fascinate you? Do you want to fight Alzheimers, Parkinsons, and Epilepsy? Are you a team player with precise hands-on lab skills? The Jin Hyung Lee Lab at Stanford University is seeking a talented individual to support rodent neuroscience research projects using cutting edge laboratory techniques. Some of your main duties will include:
-- Assisting with mouse MRI imaging
-- Optogenetic virus injections
-- Mouse brain histology
-- Mouse colony management and genotyping
-- Data analysis (e.g. electrophysiology spike sorting)RequirementsDesired qualifications:
- Ability to perform precision hands-on lab work with minimum error
- Good skills in brain histology
- Prior rodent research lab experience
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in related scientific field
- General understanding of scientific principles. Demonstrated performance to use knowledge and skills when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to apply theoretical knowledge of science principals to problem solve work.
- Ability to maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes.
- General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs, databases, and scientific applications.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to accurately complete detailed work.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Wellness Resources