Ho'olaulima Government Solutions LLC (HGS) is a Small Business Administration-certified, Native Hawaiian Organization-Owned, 8(a) Small Business that provides services and solutions in the areas of Environmental Services, Information Technology Services, Healthcare Services and Professional and Technical Services to the Department of Defense and other Federal agencies.
HGS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Kinaole Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit established to benefit Native Hawaiian communities.
You will receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Professional training reimbursement
- Disability insurance
- ...and much, much more!
We are seeking a Registered Nurse Emergency Department. This position is located at the William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso, TX.
The Registered Nurse collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes. Nurses effectively interact with patient and significant others, while maintaining the standard of professional nursing. ER Nurses provide care for patients from various types of illness or trauma requiring emergency attention and must be able to recognize and effectively treat life-threatening conditions. Duties:
- Collects current symptoms, as well as a detailed patient history and then consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Performs triage, while considering both physical and psychosocial elements
- Manages basic life support needs and stabilizes patients until the attending physician is available, based upon nursing standards and protocol
- Initiates corrective action whenever information from monitoring equipment shows adverse symptomatology
- Records patients' current vital signs
- Works directly under physicians, assisting them during exams, diagnostic testing and treatments
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications.
- Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments in accordance with the policy regarding the administration of medications by a licensed registered nurse
- Provides IV therapy
- Cleans and bandages wounds
- Provides basic, bedside care
- Maintains proper supplies and appropriate medical equipment to care for patients
- Reports any suspected abuse to the appropriate agencies
- Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician. Teaches patients and significant others how to manage their illness/injury, by explaining: post-treatment home care needs, diet/nutrition/exercise programs, self-administration of medication and rehabilitation, as well as provides referrals to other healthcare professionals for follow-up treatment
- Displays professionalism while completing multiple urgent tasks in a timely manner
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms
- Evidence of graduation from baccalaureate, associate, or diploma nursing program in nursing for registered nurse.
- Current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse.
- A minimum of one-year of full-time experience providing services as an independently licensed registered nurse in an in-patient environment.
- Shall be a United States Citizen
- Shall not have been convicted of a felony
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English
- Shall be able to operate a personal computer utilizing Microsoft applications, such as Explorer, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. so as to efficiently create and/or utilize an Electronic Medical Record
- Emergency Room nurses shall have worked a minimum of one year within the last two years in a Level II or III emergency department and be certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
- Must be able to stand or sit for more than 8 hours per day
- Must be willing to work over time if necessary
- Must be able to use an elevator or walk up and down stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and carry up to 10 feet
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
- Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to perform duties in an indoor or outdoor environment
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
- Must undergo urine drug testing
HGS is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Job Posted by ApplicantPro