Faculty participate fully in the teaching mission of the School of Nursing; specific activities and responsibilities are based on rank. Faculty can expect to be hired at the ranks of Lecturer through Assistant Professor, though may be hired at a higher rank with extensive academic experience. Ranks are based on education and experience. Faculty members are also expected to participate in service to the school, including student advising.
Faculty ranks are as follows:
Lecturer (BSN or equivalent): $57,356-$64,228
Instructor (MSN or equivalent):$64,719-$71,919
Assistant Professor (MSN/DNP or equivalent): $70,561-$94,747
1. Clinical Activities: Plans and supervises student lab and/or clinical experiences or practice based on teaching assignment.
2. Scholarly Activities: Participates in scholarly activities based on faculty rank.
3. Education Activities: Provides effective didactic instruction based on teaching assignment using appropriate instructional technologies to ensure that course outcomes are met. Participates collaboratively in the development, implementation, and evaluation of curriculum. Mentors and advises students.
4. Service Activities: These activities could include faculty meetings, committee membership, professional activities and other responsibilities as assigned by the Program or Academic Director. Participates in faculty governance; additional engagement based on rank.
5. Administrative Activities: As negotiated.
6. Other Activities: The appointee shall provide services as assigned by the supervisor in furtherance of the university's missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service.
• Master's degree in nursing. Bachelor's degree may be accepted on a provisional basis.
• Three years of clinical practice experience required. Two years may be accepted on a provisional basis.
• Doctorate preferred. A doctorate is required for ranks of Assistant Professor or higher.
• Teaching experience at the baccalaureate level or higher preferred.
This position is located:
The OHSU School of Nursing in Klamath Falls is located on the Oregon Institute of Technology campus, which offers state-of-the art bachelor's degree programs in engineering, health and business technologies. Klamath Falls offers an outstanding array of natural and cultural wonders.
Kamath Falls is 280 miles from Portland.
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
As an organization devoted to the health and well-being of people in Oregon and beyond, OHSU requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.