Applications Accepted From:
ALL PERSONS INTERESTEDDivision:
Health Center & Multi-Service Center OperationsSection
: Area Operations Support-Family PlanningWorkdays & Hours:
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. (some weekends & evening)**Subject to change DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS The Houston Health Department is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of a Senior Public Health Educator, to perform the following job functions:
- Provides and recommends training on information systems to health department staff based upon quality assurance activities and report analysis.
- Develops curriculum as well as evaluation techniques including the assessment of training attendees' knowledge pre- and post-training.
- Detailed project coordination to include development of process workflows related to policies and standard operating procedures.
- Excellent organization skills, ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, work independently, and maintain timely, detailed and accurate records.
- Ability to proactively plan and manage tasks.
- Comfortable speaking and presenting in group settings, meetings, and trainings.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for providing education to adult learners in a public health setting.
- Acts as a liaison to departments, divisions, and bureaus for activities related to the Electronic Health Record, reporting, clinic operations, and multi-service center operations.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
The position requires regular standing, occasional stooping or bending. The position requires driving across multiple locations. Occasional very light lifting, such as three or four reams of paper or books may be required.Job Requirements:EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Education, Behavioral Science, or a closely related field such as Public Health.EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Two (2) years of experience in Public Health, Education or a closely related field are required.
A Master's degree in Education, Behavioral Science, or closely related field such as Public Health may be substituted for the above requirements.
Directly related professional experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
None. **Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
- At least one year working with Electronic Health Records (EHR) in a clinical setting
- At least one year educating healthcare staff on clinical information systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Candidates with advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience working in public healthSELECTION/SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED:
The selection process will involve application review and/or interview. SAFETY IMPACT POSITION
If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test.Pay Grade 18
SALARY INFORMATION GRANT FUNDEDGrant positions are dependent upon continued available funds. If funding is no longer available, employee may be laid off or transferred.
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification. APPLICATION PROCEDURESOnly online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during active posting period. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov.
To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm or call 832-393-4888.
If you need special services or accommodations, call (832-393-4888). (TTY 7-1-1)
If you need login assistance or technical support call 855-524-5627.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided. EEO Equal Employment Opportunity
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.